View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Veiled Vesta
Master Fan

Hey, I got Lauren and Ju to agree. Cool! And as I'm only a semi-feminist, I'm not offended by what you gals said. I wouldn't be even if I was a fill blown feminist. I understand your explanations and agree. (I liked your long post, Lauren! Good read!) I defnitely get that this is just one of those things where everyone expects it as the norm and who knows - maybe my POV will change in 8-10 years when my biological clock kicks in.
I just know that right now, I cannot imagine having kids and I've felt this way for so long. I wonder if I need some big life-altering change to get my "mommy reflexes" churning. Hey, maybe I'll be abducted and have my eggs harvested!
(Note to self: Freeze a couple of my ova. Probably not in my fridge like Mulder. But if I do meet a guy like Mulder who's willing to keep my reproductive material safe for me, I might give that baby thing a go. *wink wink*!)
You know, when I tried to tell my mom how I felt about not wanting children (about a year ago I believe) she was rather surprised and said I shouldn't say things like that. Of course, she quickly clarified that I'd probably feel differently in a few years and agreed I should concentrate on finishing school, getting a good job, and (oh yeah) maybe *actually dating*. Just a bit of my personal life affecting how I view that scene. And now I'll move on to some MSR.

For those who live in the U.S and/or watch the Sci-Fi channel, it's going to give Arcadia on Monday! I know it's a ways off from my episode watching schedule but since it's a Monster of the Week episode, I'm sure I'll understand what's going on. I can't wait to watch it at 4 pm!

**Sorta random question**: Mr. and Mrs. Petrie or Mr. and Mrs. Spooky?