View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
copperboom08
New Fan

This is from an interview with Marion Ross, who played Richard's mom on GG.

Quote:
Fine. RAE would love to know how you liked working on Gilmore Girls.
I loved being on Gilmore Girls. I was proud of myself because that wonderful Amy Sherman-Palladino sent me the script with a note saying, "I know you're not old enough to play this part, but we'd love to have you do it," but I was too busy at the time. So my agent said, "No, she's too busy, she can't do it." But on Saturday morning, I woke up and said, "Oh, that's too good a script," so I personally called up the studio and said, "Listen, why don't we shoot this another week? I have to go away on Tuesday." "What are you doing Monday?" "Nothing." "Okay, it's Saturday. We'll send out the hairdresser to get your gray wig. Wardrobe lady will come out on Sunday, and figure out something. Monday, you can start. You go away and do that other thing, then you'll come back." I was so pleased that I made such an effort because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to do that, and I love that show. I love that Lauren Graham. I love everybody. Of course, I didn't have much time to learn the lines, and you have to talk very fast. Ed Herrmann [Richard Gilmore] would walk me around, and say, "You can do it. You can do it. You can do it!" [Laughs]
Answered: Your questions for (the saucy) Marion Ross! | PopWatch Blog | EW.com