View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 02:16 AM
buffyannAlex

Good post jerry and Mich. It's no surprise I agree with you both.

One thing I forgot to mention about this whole ending is this :

Lots of time in TV shows that run pretty long, whenever you get the happy ending, the main couple has been off-again/on-again for years, encountered many obsacles and problems, sometimes ridiculous ones just to keep them apart. Hence, when the happy ending comes, it's just not as believable or real to the viewer, IMO.

In the case of Ephram and Amy, they had one big rough time with Madisongate, but they never moved on, not really. Season 4 was all about Ephram still loving her, and Amy just needed a bit of time to figure out her future but she admitted herself she was not "over ephram" and believe he was still her person. So one thing I'm really happy about is that the show didn't run long enough for it to ruin this.

When they got their happy ending, it made sense, it wasn't convoluted or far-fetched. They had been apart a little while, but they wanted back together.
Their ending was romantic and magical, yes. but it wasn't betraying this relationship and making it something it wasn't. Unlike some "magical" happy end the writers sometimes throw at us on other shows.

So you know, it's all for the best. because EA had the ending they deserved. and the audience too.