View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 02:34 PM
-Katie-
Elite Fan

*sigh* It didn't do all that good. I kind wish ABC would move it to Monday or something, the competition on Thursdays is way to hard.

Source: Zap2It

CBS Dominates Thursday
(Friday, October 08 08:34 AM)

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Fast National ratings for Thursday, Oct. 7, 2004
CBS won every hour of primetime Thursday as "Without a Trace" beat "ER" for the second straight time this season.

For the night, CBS averaged a 14.1 rating/22 share, beating NBC, 10.2/16, by a solid margin. FOX's baseball playoff coverage took third at 4.5/7 (although those numbers reflect time period only), while ABC was fourth at 4.1/6. UPN averaged 3.4/5 and The WB 1.5/2.

The Eye network also led among adults 18-49 with an 8.0 rating. NBC was a strong second at 7.2. FOX and ABC tied for third at 2.0. UPN averaged 1.6 and The WB 0.9.
"Survivor: Vanuatu" led off for CBS, posting an 11.4/18 at 8 p.m. "Joey," 8.6/14, and "Will & Grace," 8.4/13, put NBC in second. ABC's "Extreme Makeover" took third with a 5.1/8. FOX's baseball coverage was fourth, and "WWE Smackdown!" on UPN finished fifth. "Blue Collar TV" (2.1/3) and the premiere of "Drew Carey's Green Screen Show" (1.8/3) combined to average 1.9/3 for The WB.

"CSI," 17.1/26, dipped some from its premiere two weeks ago but was still by far the night's most-watched show. "The Apprentice," 10.5/16, kept NBC in second, while FOX's baseball game moved up to third with a 4.8/7 for the hour. The premiere of ABC's "life as we know it" managed only a 3.2/5 against the stiff competition. "Smackdown!" kept UPN in fifth, while The WB went with a rerun of "One Tree Hill."

At 10 p.m., "Without a Trace" completed CBS' wire-to-wire win with a 13.9/22. "ER" averaged 11.5/18 for NBC. ABC got a 3.9/6 from "Primetime Live" (numbers for FOX's playoff coverage weren't available).

Ratings information is taken from fast national data. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change, especially in the case of live telecasts.

Return to all ratings headlines