View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
The person who wrote this article obviously didn’t watch Everwood.
That's my first thought I gathered whenever reading this article. No kidding. I read the article just now, for the very first time, and that's precisely what entered my mind... did this person actually see this show? At all? Or just had a general comprehension of the plot and heard from word of mouth that it was this good? You have to wonder.

I thought the series finale and EA ending with the Ferris Wheel was absolutely perfect. To understand how and why that ending was realistic for this show is to understand the premise and themes of this show... going straight back to the Pilot. The magical tone to this series that flowed throughout. Andy seeing Julia's ghost or Julia in some form, maybe just in his mind, the notion that Ephram and Andy were brought to Everwood through Julia so they could find true happiness with Amy and Nina... all of this magical spiritual theme was in place from day 1 and what happened in the series finale? What we always knew was going to happen... Ephram and Andy would be with their true loves in Amy and Nina. IMO if anyone thought otherwise they missed one of the major points to this entire series.

This show constantly flirted back and forth from realism to magical, sometimes both happening at the same time. It was a constant. And what was this series finale mostly about? Realism and magical combined just as the Pilot was as well. It was cyclical almost and it was beautiful.

Lastly, back to the Ferris Wheel happening, if the writer of this article would have bothered to watch the show, he/she would have realized that Rose was a political leader for how long in this town? She had power and pull, and in the finale Amy told her mother she needed her help which, no doubt, meant Rose pulled some strings and helped her get the Ferris Wheel. Again totally realistic if you understood the specifics of this show which I truly believe the writer of this article did not.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-18-2023 at 09:39 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote