View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:16 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Quote:
Maybe my sadness and feeling of dissatisfaction had more to do with the ending of Everwood and not the final scene. I really would have liked the scene with Ephram and Amy to not be at the very end of the episode. (that made it more sad.) I would have liked there to be another scene afters theirs- I wanted them to share their reunion with everyone. Maybe, then I would have felt better about the whole ending.
Hmm, I definitely understand that. Thanks for clearing it up, I think I did misunderstand. I wish they had the time, knew for sure what was going to happen, to do something like this. Get the main cast together to share in the joy of Ephram and Amy together and all of them get to say goodbye in a way, just being on screen seeing the happiness of Ephram and Amy, and Harold cracking a joke. That would have been something extra perfect. Stupid CW. canceling our show. I'll never forgive that.

Quote:
I guess I'm still in mourning.
Aw. There's just something about this show that we all can't get over, eh? In a good way! It's too good. I'm so glad we all got a show that we can still mourn over and still talk about so long after, because it means it meant a lot to us.

Thanks for your thoughts, Jerry. Well-said as always. I still tear up at the end too. All those feelings, knowing that this is the end, but also just the emotions of that scene, from watching it live the first time come rushing back whenever I watch it.

And excellent thoughts, Alex . I can't even add anything to that, beautifully written.

Quote:
I do see what you're saying Tos. The ending felt like a tale. In the little magical universe that is Everwood. Where we can believe in love and forgiveness and change. I always loved how the show felt like a book, a story that brought the beauty of ordinary people into the light. The ending was simple but sweet.
Like I said, it did feel a bit different to me. But it did come full circle to a lot of things and it was fantastic to go back to season 1 and the reasons we loved Everwood in the first place.
"4 years ago, you came to my little town and you changed my life"
So I'll do a big to that!

For sure, it'll never be enough for us. Even if we DID get a fifth season. We'd still be here talking about how much more we wanted to see. Eight seasons, nope, not enough. We wanted to follow these people's lives.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote