View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 11:22 PM
lancer1993
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortallyUsed (View Post)
ummm i dont really know what you mean. I mean its distressing its over but there are still things to discuss...
I think for a lot of fans it didn't feel like the same show and this is not just the wasted time on the Chris and Lorelai story, lack of townies, no decent SL for Rory and Luke almost loosing April after the trouble that SL caused, it just felt off. Plus Lorelai acted more child like n the final season (for the first half of the season) then ever, it was almost like the story with Chris made her do stupid things and nothing had changed since she was 16. I guess in that respect it kinda made sense, but it still felt wrong.

As for the Chris story well that would have been better earlier in the show, after Luke and her confession in the Shrinks car in Partings people wondered how she could fall for another guy when she was clearly still in love with Luke.

There are parts I liked but most of the show from the moment they walked away from each other in the supermarket till they talked in the hay bale maze I didn't like. yes we had L&L seeing each other in the department story and Lorelai holding the baby but really 5 minutes to like in an hour of TV?

Yes S8 could have fixed a lot what went wrong and I still hope a good TV movie can be made one day.

BTW - Lauren just did an interview and said Alexis and herself "weren’t thrilled with the way the last year had gone".
Life After 'Gilmore Girls' - As Seen On TV - Comcast.net Community Forums