View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Ender's_Jane
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Ender's Jane, what you said upthread made a lot of sense, but I'm not going to believe that they're together until I hear it confirmed from one of them. Although, I thought that the L/L kiss in bed was a little awkward/reserved, too. Also, it seemed like LG sort of jumped away from it really quickly. Afraid it'd get too hot, Lauren?
Actually I don't think they're together. My theory is that, for one, she has a huge crush on him and that it very likely goes the other way. Though she seems to be more affected by it on the whole. Which makes it entirely cute. And, for two, that I think they might later end up together.
It seems more like it's something happening in the early stages. You know, when you are just a little too obviously flirty and embarrassed around your crush.

I think she's totally afraid to get too hot. Thus the whole thing about actors and chemistry. If you don't have any feelings for someone it might be a little strange to be kissing them all day long, but if you do, however, it might be a LOT strange.

It seemed like, in the Ellen interview, she lingered just a little too long on the subject of how "wierd" it was and how he didn't even have to woo her or bring her flowers. Like she would have really liked it if he did. It was almost angsty the way she said it.

So cute!
The funny thing is, last season, when I was watching the finale, I had just finished watching all of the season 1 DVDs on that exact day, and so, fresh off a Max and Lorelai high with all the passionate making out, I was kind of disappointed with the kiss at the inn.
It felt like someone had put little "X"s on the floor of the set and told them to stand there and kiss each other. It was sweet but it didn't seem to be all that sweeping. At the time, it made me really sad because I was afraid it wasn't going to work.
And now, speculating as I am as to why that might have been the case, I don't care any more. They can be as awkward as they want--the real life story (if it is, in fact, true) makes it interesting.

The funny thing is, I LOVED the preceeding episode and their dance together and now that I look at it, it seems to me that that waltz embodies everything that could be really going on with Scott and Lauren. It seemed very authentic at the time--and now I think I get why.

I think this

is how it really is.

The stiff arms; the nervous,embarrassed giggling; afraid to look him in the eyes for too long; but slowly sinking into a timid but more comfortable, enjoyable embrace. I bet that scene was 10% scripted and 90% dumb luck, catching real life on tape.

*Screen cap credit Quintessence

Last edited by Ender's_Jane; 10-07-2004 at 12:24 PM