View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

MrsBrown I love the Friends comparison! Great thinking and so true.

As far as other ones... Just thinking about Ephram/Amy only...

I always thought Ephram/Amy were slightly Seth/Summer-like on The OC but not totally and completely. Mostly with how they were structured as far as things like:

Ephram & Seth = Indie geeks, but cute geeks, though Seth was more exaggerated and outwardly witty whereas Ephram was "smoother" and yes "less annoying" as Seth though Seth's annoyances were awesome as well. But the loner geeky profile was the same. Both were into comics, too.

Amy & Summer = the popular, beautiful girls who were in that stuck up crowd that guys like Ephram & Seth didn't necessarily love but both Amy & Summer were kind of outsiders in their popular group since they weren't exactly like their friends which was definitely a good thing. Though I guess Summer kind of was stuck up initially, way early in the series, but she changed big time and probably Seth strongly influenced this too just as Ephram influenced Amy in many ways, taking away some of her negative quirks, for sure.

But the general notion of the geeky, witty loner falling for the beautiful, popular girl is true with both pairings. Both had banter and bickering too, different forms, where Seth/Summer were much more argumentative and sometimes even petty with their bickering while Ephram/Amy had the type of banter/bickering that flowed in a less intense and choppy manner, neverthless it still existed and it was awesome, indeed.

Oh I just thought of a movie that was "Ephram/Amy-like" as well... Tranformers with Megan Fox and that Shia dude. There you go again with the geeky loner ending up with the beautiful, popular girl.

Last edited by jediwands; 04-17-2008 at 12:42 PM