View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 12:27 PM
The Crow
Elite Fan

Overall, I don't know if I liked this episode or not. I personally thought that Delia's discovery of the 'foot massager' was a bit of a rehash of the Penthouse storyline, and really only served to facillitate Andy and Nina's fight and subsequent makeup/Birds and Bees talk.

I liked the Ephram/Hannah. I love how Ephram is just content to be around Hannah and let her act how she wants, whether he finds it weird or not. I think that overbearing Amy needs to take a page out of his book and stop trying to press her idea of what a friendship has to be on Hannah. I actually wanted to throw things at the television when she told Hannah that they were just 'acquaintance friends', basically because Hannah wouldn't show Amy her journals...something she was clearly not comfortable doing. The look on Hannah's face just showed how crestfallen that she was. She seems to be trying hard to jump through all of Amy's hoops, and Amy needs to take a step back and realize that she needs to just accept how Hannah is and not try to make her into the popular girl that she wants her to be.

Ephram/Amy was good as always. Every one of their scenes together make my teeth hurt because it is so sweet. I am also in the camp of wanting to know what was in the letter and the story, but I realize why the writers didn't tell us: so all the fanfic writers can make up their own love letters (hehe). As for the lack of groping, making out, and overall PDA that has been mentioned earlier, I find it refreshing that they can show a couple that is obviously in love, but doesn't need to convey that by shoving their tongues down one another's throats. They showed Ephram and Madison making out all the time, but we all know how that ended up. Give me the sweet pecks on the lips snuggling on the couch any day.

As for the sex thing, I think that Amy will probably be the 'agressor' in that arena. Ephram has already been burned in that area, so I think that he may be reluctant to introduce that facet of life into what he clearly considers to be a special relationship. His relationship with Madison went south quickly after they took that next step, and I think that it may take some time before Ephram is ready to risk it again. Then again, it is Amy. These two obviously have a deeper bond than Madison and he ever did. Maybe the fact that he feels so comfortable with will overwhelm the natural trepidation he feels.