View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Aurora Cormier
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Wow new thread already I just didn't understand why you didn't use the gaze one, where was it used before? Ah well, love the new thread

From last thread Hestia:

Quote:
I always thought (and boy do I feel silly for saying this) that Mulder and Scully's bond was that of soul mates but no, apparently in Scully's previous life, she was Mulder's "father" and "army buddy". That's what got to me. Mulder and Scully aren't soul mates. Mulder and this Melissa chick are... Well, I can't even say it.

I can handle Mulder sleeping with a chick or two, and Scully's ex-boyfriends but to have them not be romantic soul mates (more like friend soul mates)? I dunno. It gjust made me sad. I'm such a romantic.
Awww Hestia, I'm a romantic too, dear And well I haven't seen this episode yet but with everything you're saying I don't even know if I want to
But ah, I don't care about past lives, I care about THIS life, and in this life we know for sure that they belong together

Quote:
Oh please don't tell me I'm gonna be mad at Mulder AGAIN.
Ok I won't tell you You're gonna looooooove Mulder as always

Quote:
I'm checking my DVD and it's in season four right before the supposed M/S packed Memento Mori so... yeah, I'm confused about that
At first I thought it was weird too, but well, I haven't seen the entire episodes to make a proper analysis But Memento Mori definitely makes up for Never Again

Quote:
One of the most crucial questions was asked in 'Never again': Why does Scully not have a desk??? I mean, she's always shown coming into Mulder's office...... From where?!? Does she have an office of her own, somewhere else??? Does anyone know?
I never understood that either I actually don't understand if Scully works only with Mulder in the X-files, if she has other assigments of her own not related to any of that cause Mulder was kind of isolated there, wasn't he? So, he had his place down there, with his name and everything, so he wasn't supposed to be anywhere else, but I don't know about her but well, I've only completely seen two seasons, and it was months ago, so maybe I missed something and everything I just said doesn't make any sense

Quote:
Btw, 'Never again' was an excellent epi, IMO. Especially because it showed tension between the two. Anything else would not have been believable, IMO.
Tensions is always good, I like it a lot what I didn't like was the reason for this tension, I hate to see Mulder being a jerk to Scully I hated how he talked to her, like she said, as if he were her superior or something, it really sounded like that, it was ridiculous of him

Quote:
Never Again is not so bad. I actually like that episode, cos first of all ..no I won't say anything until Hestia has seen the episode The last line of that episode
What line is that?? Cause the only one I can remember is "Yes, but it's..." and then he stops talking

Quote:
The Field Where I Died is better in comparison to one other episode that I absolutely hate The end of the episode is okay...but it'a 2 parter and it almost killed me ETA: I just realised I probably shouldn't be telling you this cos you were
Which episode is that??

Quote:
Mulder: "Hey, Scully."
Scully: "Yes?"
Mulder: "I love you."
Scully: Oh, brother....!
I've read this quote so many times, and yet I haven't watched the scene, can you believe it?? Do you have the link to it somewhere??

Quote:
I think the reason it took so long though (I can't believe I'm writting this like their real people ) is because everytime The Syndicate wanted to distract Mulder from "the truth" they used Scully. The first time with the abduction and the second with the cancer.
Or maybe I'm totally off the mark and just been reading too much fanfic lately
It make total sense

And aw, I was going through the Memento Mori transcripts right now, I love this beginning:

I feel time like a heartbeat, the seconds pumping in my breast like a reckoning. The luminous mysteries that once seemed so distant and unreal, threatening clarity in the presence of a truth entertained not in youth, but only in it's passage. I feel these words as if their meaning were weight being lifted from me, knowing that you will read them and share my burden, as I have come to trust no other. That you should know my heart, look into it, finding there the memory and experience that belong to you, that are you, is a comfort to me now as I feel the tethers loose and the prospects darken for the continuance of a journey that began not so long ago, and which began again with a faith shakened and strengthened by your convictions, if not for which I might never have been so strong now. As I cross to face you and look at you incomplete, hoping that you will forgive me for not making the rest of the journey with you.

So sad, but so beautiful