View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 02:51 PM
gilmorebrazil
Obsessed Fan

Saw two new Q&A with Peter Facinelli on TMs.

made for crepusculo-es.com

Quote:
1. For how long have you been an actor? Did you wanted to be that since
you were a kid?

I’ve been acting since College. I studied theater at New York University. Professionally I’ve been acting 14 years.

2. What's the best thing about being an actor? And the worst?

The best thing about being an actor, is being able to explore many different lives, in one lifetime. I hate the business aspect of acting. Auditioning, getting the jobs, making the deals, to me those are the worst. I’m happiest when I’m researching the role, or in front of the camera, creating.

3. Would you like to live of that for all your live?

Yes.

4. Did your family and friends help you to become an actor since the
beginning?

I had no family or friends in the business. I was just a kid, with a dream of being able to act. I went to school, stuidied acting, and am now fortunate enough to do what I love.

5. Tell us who are your favorite actor and your favorite actress. Did you have the chance to meet them?

Paul Newman, and Robert Redford... I’ve never gotten a chance to meet either.

6. Describe yourself in 3 words.

I’m still trying to figure myself out. Ask me again when I’m 80.

7. Describe Carlisle en 3 words

Compassionate, refined, protective.

8. Tell us your 3 favorite books (not from Stephenie Meyer Razz)

Green Eggs and Ham, Where’s Waldo?, Goodnight Moon... I have three kids Smile

9. And your favorite movies?

Bullitt, Apocalypse Now, The Godfather.

10. How could you describe "twilight" the movie?

It's a beautiful love story, set within a Vampire tale, with some killer action.

11. When did you knew about Stephenie Meyer and her books?

I read Twilght in one day, the day before I met the director Catherine Hardwicke, and read for the role of Carlisle. I fell in love with the story.

12. How was the casting for Carlisle's role? What did you have to do?

I met Catherine, and read some scenes from the movie. Catherine, read some of the other roles and was very active in the audition, I could see how passionate she was about the story.

13. What did you think when they told your agent you were in the project?

Originally, they had offered the role to another actor, who did not work out. So I was vey surprised, and excited to hear that it came my way.

14. Which one is your favorite character in the book? (male/female)

Edward is such a tortured soul in the book, that I find his character very intriguing.

15. And your favorite book (Twilight, New moon, Eclipse…)?

It sounds like a cop out, but I really enjoyed all three. Each explored different things so it is hard to compare. If I had to choose I would say Eclipse, because I like how the werewolves and Cullens team together.

16. What's the best thing of playing Carlisle's role? And the worst?

The best part of playing Carlisle is feeling like the head of this amazing family, with all different personalities. The worst, for Carlisle, is probably the responsibility of keeping the family together and hoping everyone is happy.

17. Did you imagine yourself like Carlisle when you were reading the book?

Yes.

18. How are the opinions of the fans about you doing Carlisle's role?

In the beginning there were a lot of mixed opinions, but I’ve felt an amazing amount of fan support since then, and hope I can win over those, who still can’t see it. At the end of the day, everyone who has read the book, has their own version of Carlisle in their mind, and it is impossible to fit everyone’s version of Carlisle. But I hope that they come to the movie open to new interpretations of the characters.

19. What would you say to all the fans?

Thank you all so much for the amazing support you have shown, not only towards me, but all of the cast. And I really hope you enjoy the movie, and help make it successful so we can make more for you guys to watch.

20. Have you notice that now your face is all over the Twilight-sites? How is that?

No. I havven’t been able to surf, many of the sites as of late, as we’ve been busy shooting.

21. How are the other actors? How is working with them? You’re like their father, aren’t you? LOL

We all get along very well. Yes, I’m their father. They like teasing me and calling me, dad, or pops.

22. Can you tell us something funny that happened while you were shooting?

I think its funny that we can’t shoot in the sun. When the sun comes out we have to wait for clouds. Usually in movies it’s reverse. You want sun, and when clouds come you have to wait for the clouds to go away.

23. If you could choose, what would you be: Vampire or werewolf?... or human?

I’m a little biased, but I’d have to say VAMPIRE.

24. What do you think about Carlisle being 23 years old, married and with 3 sons and 2 daughters? Are you prepared for the role?

I’m married and have three children, so I feel very prepared.

25. Are you thinking about coming to Spain sometime? Have you visited Crepusculo-es. com, what do you think about the website?

I will definitely come check out the site... As far as Spain, No I’ve never been, but I’d love to come. Hopefully the movie will be successfull there, and they will have us visit.

Till then,

Peter...
made for bellaandedward.com:

Quote:
1. Besides Carlisle, who else would you like to portray in the movie?

I remember reading the book and connecting with Carlisle. I'm very
happy to be playing him. I don't think there is another role I would
rather play.

2. Twilight has been said to be the next Harry Potter, how do you feel
about being a part of this phenomenon?

The Twilight books have been very popular, and I can only hope the movie is as successful as the novels. I am very excited at the possibility of being a part of making all of the books in the series into movies, like
the Harry Potter franchise has done.

3. Where/how do you think this movie is going to differ from the book?

I think some of the story has been condensed, as it is hard to fit
500+ pages into a two hour movie, and some of the action sequences
in the book may go into more detail, adding some "action" elements, to
the beautiful love story.

4. I've heard that there's a new scene at a marina that's been added to
the movie. Can you tell us what that's about?

Edward and Bella go scuba diving.... Just kidding. I'm not sure how
much I can actually tell you as I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises.

5. What scene(s) are you most looking forward to being able to shoot
(from Twilight and/or its sequels)?

I really enjoyed playing "Vampire Baseball". And I hope if we get to do
the sequels, that they have some fun action sequences of us fighting
alongside the werewolves from Eclipse.

6. Are your daughters fans of Twilight?

My oldest is ten, and she has just begun to read Twilight. I tell her
tales from the books, or from Carlisle's backstory, as bedtime stories
and she loves it.

7. Are you enjoying your two weeks off? Very Happy

Its always nice to get a little break, but I look forward to going back
and finishing up. I've been spending most of my time in the shade, hiding from the California sun. Can't afford to get any color on my Forks pale skin.

Thanks for all of your questions, and I hope you enjoy the movie.

Peter
Peter is everywhere