View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffyannAlex (View Post)
I don't know if there is so much example out there, I guess it was a feeling I had with some storylines or character. But I loved the show, of course.

We all know that you loved the show! You of all people!

People love their children, but also recognize the faults. They love them anyway.

To add to the discussion of Everwood writers, I believe that often the characters' behaviors were very exaggerated, almost in a comical sense.

For example: When the Brown family first moved to Everwood, and Ephram went to school, I couldn't quite understand why he was treated the way he was. Granted, he had purple hair and read comic books. But, here was this good looking guy who moved to their state from across the country, had a famous father- I would have expected a different type of treatment from the students.
I would have expected them to be curious about him, try to talk to him and get to know him.
The way that Amy's friends treated him was very exaggerated and stereotypical. Why would they think he was lame?
Why would Bright bully Ephram, just because his sister, Amy was talking to him and trying to trick him into helping her comatose boyfriend? That didn't make sense. Bright was blaming Ephram because Amy was tricking him!

Another time that the characters acted in an unrealistic, comical manner was in Season three when Brittany and Delia found the "foot" massager under Nina's bed.
Brittany's mom came screaming at Andy about it. Who would act that way? How is it Andy's fault? How is it Nina's fault? It was under her bed!! She wasn't showing it to the girls and demonstrating it!
She should have been more angry with Brittany for snooping in another person's house!
And the way Andy screamed at Nina- that was ridiculous! I don't know how she put up with all of the times that Andy yelled at her!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote