View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 02:31 AM
buffyannAlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tos
Anyway, I'm off on a tangent, but while I like how they returned to the issue in this ep, I didn't like how casually, off the screen, no reaction, no emotion, from Andy on it at all.
Exactly, that's what I meant.
I agree with Shadow that Andy evolved from season 1 and he came back to "normal" in later seasons. I wasn't surprised Andy lectured on this. I was surprised they made it seemed like it was nothing and Andy would have no reaction whatsoever and would just say "sure, let's go". It just symbolized a change in the tone of the show to me. This kind of things wouldn't have happened in season 1.
I probably would have felt differently if we had a scene between Andy and Amy where Andy accepts to do it. But since the episode was more about Harold/Amy, it made sense.

I think there's things in the later seasons that bothered me on some level because it felt like the characters were turning a bit "flat" at times compared to the multidimentionnal characters they were in the beginning.
It was rare, as we know Everwood was well written, but on some instances, I felt like the writing was just a bit "easy". I don't know if I make sense.