View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 07:22 AM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
Tess seemed sinister because she was meant to early on. She was raised by Nasedo after all. However, Tess if the deal was true had many chances to help it along and help her "allies". She could have let Max and the others get tortured by Nicholas. She could have tried to make Max give Kivar the Granalith. Just to name a few.
No, Tess always seemed to me like there was something not right about her. Not just early on when she was new, but also from then on and throughout all of season 2. I never found her a character I felt I could trust. And of course the deal was real. And "helping her allies" would have screwed up her completing the deal the way she wanted it completed, so naturally she didn't betray the others until she was ready.
Quote:
Worse then abandoning the reason for characters to exsist? Worse then making main characters disappear? Worse then turning the heroes of the show into selfish love sick dogs?
Well, you see, I don't think Roswell did those things. Not everybody sees Roswell the way you do. (And no, I don't consider valid killing or removing of main characters to be "disappearing" them, at least not in the sense of it being some sort of foul faux pas.)
Quote:
Roswell can't be one of the best sci-fi shows ever when it almost threw away all ascpet of sci-fi. The only left that was sci-fi about the show was the fact that these characters were alien. Nothing else. Alf had an alien but that doesn't make it a great sci-fi show.
Almost threw away all aspect of sf my a$$. Bunch of super-powered aliens running around Earth? Oh yeah, nothing whatsoever sf about that. Roswell was an sf show and it was one of the best tv shows ever, better than the vast majority of sf shows or tv shows of ther types. Hence it was one of the best sf shows ever.
Quote:
It seemed to me that the characters that Liz didn't like became "evil". Tess was made evil after they tried to make people like her more. When that wasn't happening they decided, hmm well lets make her evil. Liz hated Nasedo because he was a "killer" Nasedo did what he had to do in a war. He was protecting his people's only hope. However, lets make him evil as well. Even though he died warning Max of their enemies.
Nasedo was a cold, ruthless, murderous b@stard whose only hint of principles was devotion to some form of the Antarian royal cause. And that got twisted into trying to get Tess and Max's kid safely back on Antar, at the cost of eventually betraying three of the royal 4. His death was in service to that cause. He was evil by any human definition, however some aliens might view him. You say it was a war? Yeah it was, and he did plenty things that could be called war crimes. That's generally considered pretty d@mn evil. Tess was raised by him, it's no wonder she didn't turn out a good person.
Quote:
Liz didn't like Max and the alien aspect. So, they forgot about the whole destiny and war issue. Which was the entire reason for the Pod Squad to be there. They can't do that. No matter what anyone says. You can not get rid of a person's basic reason for being. Now if it was said that the war was some how over then I would have thought fine.
No, they didn't just forget about the war. Heck, they even killed number one bad guy Kivar. Which was, to say the least of it, of major significance for the war. And no, the war wasn't the Pod squad's reason for being. It was the reason they were made, yeah, but they were living beings with their own free will. Their reason for being was to live their own lives, wherever that might take them, just like anybody else, human or alien. And let's not forget, they were half human, not pure alien.
Quote:
Season 3 - They decided to find a child, give him up. (Because he was Tess/Max's and not Liz/Max) And abandon their people. All while thinking, hmm I hope I have a family and get a good job.
Season 3 was when they killed the big villain of the show, the guy who was oppressing their people. Or one of their peoples, seeing as the were half human and the human race was also their people. And they gave up the child so he could have a more human life than they felt they could give him. And they chose to try to live human lives themselves. The show was giving a message about the value of being a human being and living an ordinary human life.
Quote:
If I wanted a another basic teen drama, I wouldn't have started watching a show called Roswell
If Roswell was "another basic teen drama" I wouldn't be so enthusiastic about it and I wouldn't be spending so much time posting here defending it.

You seem to really hate Roswell. I utterly despise Stargate, have contempt for Andromeda and have major issues with Firefly. But I don't come onto their threads to bash them. I've repeatedy felt like doing so, but I decided it would be bad manners.