View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 07:43 AM
ALEXA82
Master Fan

New thread and I´m in LOVE with the art - you know Fran I don´t even know what PS means so whatever it is, you did a great job!

Quote:
I just finished putting all the spoielrs in the new OP, and I saw that I TOTALLY missed a post by Alexa at page 19, crap!! Sorry Alexa, I wasn't ignoring you, it's just that I spend forever in quoting and typing and I always miss if anyone post in between.
Hehe don´t you worry Fran. It wasn´t like I made any big contribution to the thread anyway....because I hadn´t and still haven´t seen the new ep and the pace of this thread...really hard to keep up for me so some quotes from the old thread...

Quote:
The whole world seems to be squeeing over Des/Penny
so there is some Des/Penny in the new ep can´t wait because I love them too. The 1st couple that wasn´t screwed yet.

Quote:
The ratings "Eggtown" 13.53 million viewers and a 5.7/13 "The Constant" 12.85 million (#2); A18-49: #5.4/13 (#1)
Dark already blames the drop on last week's episode, but I don't think that's the only factor.
Why I think people tuned out:-no original Losties and in particular no Sawyer/Kate/Jack/Locke - say what you will but they are the most popular characters-time travelling - there's a reason why sci-fi shows don't appeal to large audiences-too many new faces and too much time spent off the island - people probably don't care about Minkowski or the freighter
There's a reason why mini-arc had much better ratings than the rest of season three even though nobody really talks about it.
Quote:
I think you pointed out good reasons, but I wouldn't mind if the pile if suck Eggtown has played a part in this.
I agree with both of you. Although I´d say the sudden drop after Eggtown is because this ep sucked. I´ll watch the last 3eps with my mom tonight and I already told her we´d skipp Eggtown and I´ll give her a short summary. There is no way in hell I´m gonna sit through that crap a 2nd time. The mini-arc, yes focussed on the fab 3 but also the shipper theme. I mean look at Grey´s success. That´s what people wanna see (when it´s done better than in Eggtown...)

About ep 4.09 - well, "Middle Eastern or Arabic" definetly points to Sayid. And what can I say, my Sayid love is bigger than ever so I wouldn´t mind. Anything but a Jack episode will be fine for me. As much as I don´t mind the newbies so far, another FB or FF dedicated to them, don´t know...