View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Subject
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
And the end of season 2 was downright marvellous. Best of all was when Michael decides he belongs on Earth and embraces his humanity.
I'm a Rebel as Max/Tess fan. Like many of us and some others who are not Rebels we believe that the entire story of Tess being evil was pulled out of nowhere. In an attempt to make Tess "evil" because the show was ending or so we thought. Because it would please a lot of Tess haters who are/were the majority of fans.

I also liked that Michael embraced his humanity. However, I can not agree with their choices not to engage in the reason they were alive. To fight a war. How could anyone just turn their back on their blood family and leave their people to suffer in a war. They betrayed everything about the show. If they never would have brought up the whole civil war and the goal of winning that war. Then I wouldn't have mind that the show took the we just want to not be discovered and live on Earth. However, they did metion it and so it needed to be explored. You can't just bring up a war, a reason for being made in a sci-fi show and then just abandon that entire way of thinking.

Of Sci-Fi shows, Roswell was one of the worst in history. I'm not judging based on one or two seasons. However the overall story of the show. It was just disappointing. For me a "true" tv series is not a bunch of short hour long stories. But a long story/movie that can only truely be judged after the end of the show. Each season is like a chapter of the story and each episode a paragraph. You can't just reset what was done the paragraph before but evlove from what has already been written. They didn't do that. They just dropped the alien aspect of the show.

I didn't mind Angel the last seasons. However Roswell was one of the worst and betrayed shows to ever grace the screen of tv. The first season was good and built up. Season 2 started out good and then was turned to crap by making Tess evil after they had stressed her importance. Season 3? Well, that is just dead to me. The entire season made no sense.

The writers betrayed the basic personalities of the characters of almost everyone on the show. The only one that I could see remaining true to themselves was Michael. I would say Alex as well but he wasn't around for the entire show.

Last edited by Subject; 09-24-2004 at 11:28 PM
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote