Old 02-19-2008, 10:37 PM
elena1
Loyal Fan

FIC: Archer's Pretty Bird CH:2 The Clash Of Minds

Title:Archer's Pretty Bird
Author:Elena1
Pairing: (if any)Oliver And Dinah
RatingG-13
Warnings: (if needed) The Violence and bad languge might be present in the future chapters
Spoilers: (when applicable) None
Short summary: The different apporach of the first meeting of Green Arrow and The Black Canary

CH:2-The Clush Of MInds

"Stop Cyborg!" He shouts back before reaching for his comlink, putting it into his ear. "Stop now...."

Cyborg pulls back his hand and looks down as Ollie struggles to get towards the Black Canary, his balance failing still as he tries his best to keep moving forward.

"What the hell was that?" He shouts, reaching the Black Canary.

"Her own tricks against her," Cyborg says, still remaining in place.

"Don't! Ever! Do! That! Again!" Ollie shouts lifting the Black Canary up into his arms, carrying her away, trying his best to get her back to HQ.

She had no clue how long she was out and when she finally stired and tried to break her way through the darkness she did that with the best effort and the pain still there faint but still strong to her ears. At moment she was weak even to do anything or even make herself move and as she finally was able to do so she forced herself to move her head and open her eyes. No longer she felt the rain and all she felt was now something soft and warm where she was lying on some sort of the couch or was it the couch she could not be sure for no longer her body was feeling cold ground of the stone floor of the rooftop. Disoriented she tired to figure out where she had ended up now and slowly tried to force herself to seat up.

The memory hit her back again and she easly could still faint flashblack of the scream in her ears and this was not good she had let her guard down the bastard had won this time and she really was pissed now and wanted to kill him if she saw him again. She forced herself to seat up and found that was on some sort of the couch that she was lying and that she was in it what supposed to look like elegantly furnished room a part of the apartment that she had not seen before. Canary forced herself to stand up and move but again dizziness took over her and she stumbbled back on the couch again. "Damn it." She whispered. "I feel like I had been drugged."

Ollie stands completely in front of her, watching her. His eyes scanning her form.

"No drugs. You're just feeling the same after shocks as what I've been feeling," Oliver says bending down in front of her, his eyes scanning her own. "Cyborg used your own abilities against you. Nothing more and nothing less...except he neutralized the hit. Took it down a bit."

He takes a small breath.

"Who sent you Dinah Lance?"

What in the devil's name he knew her real name? She was getting angry again and said nothing. For endless moment their eyes met. Dinah found herself drowing in enigmatic chestnut-colored pools that seemed to hold unfathonable depths far beyond her ability to probe or comprehend. She was lost in his eyes and she wanted to tear her eyes away from him and found herself unable to do so and futher she looked futher she was loosing her anger and it was melting away from the sight she felt once again weak and tried to get the hold of herself but failed again. So the Cyborg was one that did the hell of the job knocking her off and she knew the real cause of the damage if he had used the real tone and the sonic level that she had been able to produce and for sure it would kill her.

"He has done the hell of the job but still had not been able to capture the real tone of the sonic cry." She replied back and the looked way when she heard him speak asking her who had send her after him? She simply refused to speak the answer and turned silent agian after saying in a cold tone not looking at him." Why should I tell you who had send me? It is none of you business. I am only been there to do my work and sadly you just had not played by the rules of the game." She did not give damn if she is going to angry him at all for there was no way that she was going to tell him everything she knew and who was paying her in the first place.

"You wanna know why?" He asks softly, shifting slightly before activating an adjacent computer screen. "Lex Luthor has been running an illegal operation, where he's been testing on human subject under Kryptonite induced radiation. These subjects of his are going under more than unusual testing. He's killing some of them, Dinah."

He pauses for a second, looking towards her.

"F.Y.I. Pretty Bird, I'd say you might wanna get a better cover the next time. Luthor left a paper trail and it's highly possible that he would have used it against you if he could." He takes another small breath. "Like it or not, we're the good guys."

"And you have something better to offer me than Luthor?" She asked again and had not pressed the button to callt the elevator and turned around to face him crossing her arms at her chest. "Do you really think that it was just for you to reveal me the truth how bad Lex is or was it just because you want something of me to be around so you could gaze and make me underess with your eyes? Let me tell you something I am not that kind of woman to fall for your charms pretty boy." She told him firmly keeping her gaze focused back at him. It was very much amusing just by saying this to him.

The headache was coming back to her and she was getting annoyed it should stop soon but she was still weak to force herself to move faster and leave this place soon as she was able to. Slowly, she made back toward the table and lean over placing her hands on the edge of table and lean foward slowly and by doing so she was sure that she giving a quite display of her clevage. She as aware of her figure but she was woman that know that she would use it for her advantage but to get someone to her she would need more from him to impress her not just by the cute comments and the sexy looks that he was placing just by looking down at her.

Oliver shakes his head defeated before putting his feet up in a chair, watching her ass within the confines of the leather boy shorts. His eyes scanning her back side a few seconds before resting his head against a pillow.

"I'd chase you, but I don't have the energy and frankly neither do you," He says it almost a bit too knowingly. "Even if you gave me a full minor dosage. I can only imagine how it scrambled your brain as much as it did mine."

He takes a few deep breaths.

"Why did I bring you here?" He asks aloud. "Because I needed you to see the truth...see that Luthor was using you."

"I can take care of myself I do not need to be protected nor I will shatter down as the frigile looking glass doll." She glared back him coldly her eyes were glowly deep blue fire now and all this thing about the protection really did go on her nerves. She did not need to be watched or protected she was grown woman and independent and no one's plaything or the to be desperate damssel in the distress."I an not afraid of Lex and I will find my own way to deal with him even without of you being present there." She answered back stubbronly.

Noting his eyes swept down her own face her eyes narrowed again and she stared back him her pale face revealing no emotion other than being quite angry and not amused all this thing of being protected."If you think that you can get me for one night stand there you are defentely wrong for I am not going to fall for your charms." She repeated agian trying to breathe normal rate but with him that close she could not help herself to have her breath caught in her throat and it started to get a bit shallow now as she felt strange rise of heat bruning down her face that came out from nowhere now. What the hell was wrong with her?

He watches her breathing for a few seconds. God, she's as hot as he is for her. "I never said you couldn't handle Lex by yourself, but he knows what you're capable of and he can use it against you."

When he hears the mention of a one night stand, he freezes and then moves up closer to her, meeting her eyes a bit more.

"Third off, I'm not a one night stand kind of guy. Dinah Laurel Lance, queen of the Metropolis talk show circuit, I'm ashamed," he says smiling. "If I want you in my life, I want you entirely. No other woman is going to matter beyond that. Simple as that, Pretty Bird."

"What I had said about the sweet talk would not get me fallen for you at all. Try something different not just to impress me with the sweet words that would not work at me." She spoke back not even offened by his words at all though it had to admit she was slowly falling back under his spell again and did not want to give him any possible satisfaction on that part either. She wanted to know more what he could offer to her not just by the empty and sweet words that he was trying to gain her attention somehow. She was not impressed for she wanted more to know about him and to find out what man he was really and what could make him different from others to get her and her alone.

Then with unexpected move she sat up and as she did so she came in the contact with him in much more intimate way than she ever expeceted it would happen. Their noses bumped at the contact and she found her own upper body slightly pressed to his chest and for a moment the contact was too perfect to feel and unable to control heself a small gasp of the suprise came from her crimson colored lips and she forced herself to do her best to regain her posture and forget what had just happened and for sure she knew that her face was now glowing with the crimson blush of the shame and she did not need a mirror to know that it has been there on her face.

He feels her pull back but catches her mid-stride, his hands falling to her back, holding her since she had fallen against the wall. His eyes scanning hers.

"Sweet words may not be the trick Dinah, but I'm more than willing to fight for you," he says it softly, whispering to her. "You're well worth fighting for."

He leans in and kisses her lips softly. His hands gently massaging her back, not forcing her to do anything. When he pulls back, he whispers to her softly.

"This isn't about one night stands. This is about what maybe love."

Her arms wrapped themselves tightly about his neck as her own heart began to race. She was suddenly lightheaded, but then instinct took over. She pressed herself against him, and her lips softened beneath his soft kiss. She was getting dizzy with this feeling and more feeling him closer to her would only lead her to more of the downfall to her and she knew it that she could not go agianst it and very soon would succumb to this temtation he was placing her in.It was going out of hand. Dinah sensed the desperate desire in both herself and in this cute-face archer. She must be the one to stop it and quickly. Her hands went against his chest, and she pushed hard against him." No more,"she said huskly." No more!" She moved quickly breaking away from his embrace as she lay herself back on the couch. She was amazed that she was able to control her body not succumb back to this temtation.

He comes back up gasping for her, his heart hammering in his head. She's definitely got a hold on him now, even she won't allow herself to think as such.

"Alright, Pretty Bird..." he gasps still watching her. "I'm not forcing you to do anything you don't want to. If you want to leave you, you can leave. I'll just have Impulse keep an eye on you if things get out of hand around you," he says still gasping.

"But I can't deny the fact that I'm crushing on you like some high school kid, without a clue. You run, I'm going to find you one way or another because....I want you safe...and I'm starting to care for you..."

"Would that be considered as the stalking?" She asked once her breathing was slowly regaining to its normal pace as she looked back at him. Something about him told her that there was no way that she could be on her own that she is not watched but it does not have to be him but one that works for him would be around and she did not need the damn bodyguard around."As I had said before I am really not in the need of bodyguards." Slowly she forced herself to seat up and was ready to leave. To some point she wanted to stay here and talk more with him but she knew it was not right and she was going too soon now when it comes to be that close to him in the first place. It was almost amusing to watch and see that he was getting head over heels when it comes to her.

Dinah was not that easy woman to get at the first night of the meeting. She just have to wait and see if he can do more to impress her not just that way he was kissing her and talking to her to gain her own attention agian." Try something different to use to impress me now, Archer."She told him for she did not know his name real name and it was better this way for she would fall for him not just yet. The pain came back to hunt her and it was not from the sonic cry in her ears that had faded away but from the hit she got crushing back into the wall. She did not realize how much it hurt now and for sure her muscles were sore from the hit.

He sits down beside her, watching her ever the intently.

"My real name is Oliver Jonas Queen of Queen Industries," he says it being as forward as possible with her. "I'm one of the richest men in the world. Amongst other things."

He scans the room for a few seconds before facing her, his hands at his sides.

"How you holding up, Dinah?"

It hit her back with total suprise. She had heard about him the celebrity around the city of Metropolis and the stories that she had read about him and then it dawn to her for she had just kissed the hot looking rich guy that newspapers were hunting about for quite some time and it was quite shocking for her to admit that she was now alone with him. "You still had not answered my question Oliver?" She asked agian for she wanted to know if he was paying attention what she told him before when it came of him haveing her stalked around by one of his team members?

"No, my team would be looking out for you. It would only be stalking if I was the one doing the leg work....if you wanted me to," he says it softly, his eyes scanning hers curiously, not certain of what to make of their current situation.

"I've seen what damage you can do back there and I'm impressed to say the least and if you ever gave us the chance, we, the Justice League would bring you aboard," he says it full well meaning it. "To fight the good fight against other threats besides Lex Luthor and such."

"Not just that,"She told him as she placed a hand on her side she was getting worse with the pain now and it will take while before the painkillers would work their magic on her. All upper part of her body was sore now and it was difficult for her to do anything now even to lay down other than seating was only thing she was able to do and not having anything pressed to her back. She ran her fingers down her sider to feel the ribs and hoped that none of them were broken but it was possible that they could be cracked but it was hard to tell now.

He lifts her up into his arms, carrying her towards the med room. His scanner running an X-ray over them both.

"Looks like everything is fine. Just a lot of sore bone tissue...nothing that I would worry about," he says gently. "I can give you a room for the time being until you're healed if you like or I could get one of my doctor's to check you out."

TBC...

Last edited by elena1; 02-21-2008 at 10:29 AM
elena1 is offline   Reply With Quote