View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 09:55 PM
House24Fan
Passionate Fan

Quote:
This is like, the ANTHEM for all ships that didn't work out in the end
It is! That's why I think that it fits A/E just as well as any! Unfortunately!

Quote:
Definitely. Did you notice that the entire time Aragorn is dying, she's worrying about her own death and he's the one who has to comfort her? That annoyed me SO much
I DID notice that! Her husband is dying and all she cares about is herself! SHE made the decision to become mortal.SHE KNEW what that would entail.She seemed extermely selfish and petty in that scene.Also,I love how she seemed to totally disregard her own children.She just goes off into the wilderness to mope and die.Her children obviously mean very little to her.While I believe that Aragorn was the love of Eowyn's life,I highly doubt that Eowyn would have been like that in Arwen's place.Eowyn would have been sad at first,but then eventually she would have accepted it and been happy to grow old with her children and grandchildren around her. Eowyn was stronger and less selfish.

Quote:
I love Eowyn/Faramir because it was nice to see someone so into Eowyn and fighting to be with her, but I agree, no way they were the love of each others lives. I do think they loved each other, but it did feel like settling from Eowyn's part, and at the end of the day you could see it was an attempt from her side to have hope in life again after everything that happened.
I agree. It was very touching to see his sincere concern for her and sympathy with her pain.And I DO think they loved one another and had a comfortable life.He was a good man and he cared for her and understood her pretty well.I think they were really good friends with a love grown out of mutual understanding and there was probably much affection after they'd been together awhile. But they were never each other's ONE.

Quote:
Fact is, Eowyn loved Aragorn with all her heart and nothing/no one could ever change that. And Aragorn loved her, too, I don't care what people say I remember a moment in the third book where he says that out of all things that were happening in the War, what most worried him was Eowyn's "shadow" (I think it was after she killed the Witch King and was at the Houses of Healing). I mean, COME ON, the world's ending, the supposed "love of his life" is far away, and what most concerns him is Eowyn's fate! If that's not love I don't know what is
He loved her back! I never doubted that he loved her.I think that if Arwen had really left middle-earth for the undying lands that he would have recovered fairly quickly and married Eowyn.I think that it was his promise to Arwen that kept him bound NOT a deep and abounding love for her.A man's word meant alot according to the old codes of honour that men like Aragorn lived under.He wouldn't have been able to break the promise to Arwen! I think he was trapped! He was most worried about Eowyn in the instance you mentioned because he LOVED her!
Lauren-Huddy Queen of Subtext//Visit the LOTR Campaign Thread
House24Fan is offline   Reply With Quote