View Single Post
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 PM
a new hope
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the thread, Sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by House24Fan (View Post)
That's a fantastic vid,Tar! I'd never heard the song before but it's gorgeous! The lyrics fit well and the flute instrumentation reminds me of the music in the films! I'm adding the song to the soundtrack and the vid to the OP as well! I loved it!
Thanks, glad you liked it

Quote:
How the hell'd we wind up like this
And why weren't we able
To see the signs that we missed
And try to turn the tables
Now the story's played out like this
Just like a paperback novel
Let's rewrite an ending that fits
Instead of a Hollywood horror
This is like, the ANTHEM for all ships that didn't work out in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by House24Fan
I've read enough to know that the A/A thing comes out of nowhere,and that the Tale of Aragorn/Arwen in the ROTK's appendices is a lot of overly-dramatic nonsense painting Arwen as an unstable teenager/bitch.(I know that sounds harsh,but if you read the "Tale",that's the impression you get.)
Definitely. Did you notice that the entire time Aragorn is dying, she's worrying about her own death and he's the one who has to comfort her? That annoyed me SO much

Quote:
Originally Posted by House24Fan
Now,don't get me wrong,I LOVE Faramir! And I'm notexactly anti-Faramir/Eowyn.I just honestly believe based off of what I read in the book,that Eowyn was just settling for Faramir.I think that she liked and respected him,and I believe that they probably led a contented life together.But I don't see them ever being more than old friends.I don't see them being hopelessly in love with one another. I fervently wish that Professor Tolkien had joined Aragorn and Eowyn together and given poor Faramir a woman who was REALLY in love with him.I think that if Tolkien had gone with his original plan,Faramir probably would have gotten true love as well.
I love Eowyn/Faramir because it was nice to see someone so into Eowyn and fighting to be with her, but I agree, no way they were the love of each others lives. I do think they loved each other, but it did feel like settling from Eowyn's part, and at the end of the day you could see it was an attempt from her side to have hope in life again after everything that happened.

Fact is, Eowyn loved Aragorn with all her heart and nothing/no one could ever change that. And Aragorn loved her, too, I don't care what people say I remember a moment in the third book where he says that out of all things that were happening in the War, what most worried him was Eowyn's "shadow" (I think it was after she killed the Witch King and was at the Houses of Healing). I mean, COME ON, the world's ending, the supposed "love of his life" is far away, and what most concerns him is Eowyn's fate! If that's not love I don't know what is