View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 01:40 PM
chandelier2
Total Fan

I went on a massive ramble on my LJ so here's the shortened version

I thought it was a good episode but there seemed to be something lacking. It had all the elements for the making of an AMAZING and AWESOME episode but there seemed to be something missing that could bring it all together cohesively.

The Ten Deaths Of Dean were partly heartbreaking and partly hilarious. I mean, it only took one line and one quirk of the eyebrow for the 'taco death'

I think the best part of the episode was when Sam finally managed to track down the Trickster. He was trying to tell Sam that it was no good, it's almost useless trying to save your brother, yet Sam didn't care.

"He's my brother."

In just three words he managed to absolutely kill me. Nothing else matters to either of the boys except making sure the other one is still around and that's the most amazing love there is

The thing that I thought was going to bother me was how the episode might end. This episode was originally going to be 3x12 and the possible season finale if the strike continued. It got to about 4 minutes to go and Sam was still convincing the Trickster to bring Dean back. I wondered how on earth they could possibly solve all of that in such a short space of time without it seeming like a massive cop out. So Sam wakes up, it's Wednesday again, I am silently fuming to myself and then THE HUG HAPPENED.

I know I'm shallow, but that just made it for me. The ending was rushed, but Sam's poor wee face as he packs up his bag. He's carrying all of that weight, knowing what happened all those Tuesdays and after Dean died, yet Dean is completely oblivious.