View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

worst episode in a long time. One of the worst if not the worst at all. Boring, utterly ridicolous, annoying with the constant music in the background, that gave me a big headache. I didn't even want to give my review, but I'm doing it in case Mark lurks here, as we all think he does

this show isn't the show I fell in love with. Nothing is left of that show. This is a soap opera and one of the worst. Never liked soap operas so I just hate what the show is now.

I saw people talking about couples' fanbases and how losing one of them could affect the show ratings. The problem isn't even the couples, in my opinion. I think we all have our favorite character, not just a favorite couple. some of us don't even care about the couples. But that's all we get. Drama for the couples. There is no character on this show that has a real storyline right now, except being part of a crappy love drama. Brooke used to have a good storyline, but now it went too far and Victoria is just utterly ridicolous like all the rest on this show.

One Tree Hill used to be about 2 brothers. I would like someone to tell me where those brothers are. I couldn't find them in this episode. I felt like Nathan spent all of his time sitting on that stool and doing nothing but being hit on by Carry. Lucas is now just a means for Mark to carry on his idea of epic (?) love, that works in his mind but is just ridiculous in the eyes of the most of viewers.

Lucas the character I love isn't there anymore. There is no Lucas on this show anymore. As I said, there is just a guy that is a means for Mark to carry on his obsession on a couple that is now hated by the most of the fanbase. Lucas has always been pretty much loved, I think, for the guy he is (was?) outside of that love drama Mark keeps pushing us to watch. In the past there was some kind of balance: love drama but also some other storyline for this character. Now there is absolutely nothing. I have never really cared for Lucas love life, I've always felt like he is a bone for the girls. So I'm really disappointed that there is absolutely nothing I can enjoy about this character. if you don't support LP, nothing is left for Lucas and his supporters. I don't even know if I should try to find a sense in his actions, because let's be honest, the only sense is that Mark wants to carry on his idea of epic love story and he doesn't even care if he destroys the main character of his show, as long as he can put obstacles on the way of LP and give more drama to Peyton. In my mind, if I should give a sense to what happened, I'd choose to believe that after the LP kiss Lucas realized that he is tired of playing this game Peyton always pushes him to play and has realized that Peyton just brings the worst out of him and that she is not the girl for him, while Lindsey, on the other hand, is someone that makes him happy and a better person and he doesn't want to screw that up. But I guess we all know in the end Mark will just tell us that Lucas is scared/confused/out of his mind/totally in love with Peyton Sawyer. Big loss there. This is not the real Lucas, everything is so OOC. But that's what Mark always does. If a character doesn't fit with his plan, he just changes that character completely. Lucas made a big mistake in S1 (once again pushed by Peyton) and spent the entire season 2 and part of season 3 working hard to be a better person, to change, to be different, even being too hard on himself. I guess Mark forgot all of that, as in season 4 he had forgotten the way Brooke had changed in S2/S3. Or probably he just doesn't care. What's wrong in changing completely a character and destroying them if it's useful to write another crappy love drama storyline? nothing. let's do it, right Mark? Who cares about those fans that invested in that character and can't recognize them anymore.

Peyton what a terrible character she has become. Her words to Lucas, the kiss, the fact she went to Lucas' house, were alll just completely out of line, totally wrong and disgusting. Lucas is with another girl, she should have a little bit of respect for him and for Lindsey. I don't care if she doesn't like Lindsey. Going after the guy of another girl is so completely wrong. She did it when Lucas was with Brooke and she's doing it again. I felt so disgusted when I saw her telling Lucas those things, with no care for Lucas and what he has in his life right now. Peyton is selfish, that's it. She cares only about herself and she goes after what she wants, no matter who she hurts in the process. I really disliked her all season and even more in this episode. When she went to Lucas house, with no ashame in showing up at the house Lucas shares with another girl, I just wanted to stop watching. I also felt it was really presumptuous on her part to ask Lucas "You still love me, don't you?" as well as assuming that Lucas had left Lindsey when she showed up at Lucas' door. And how hypocrite it was her saying "I'm sorry to Lindsey"!!! I can't stand anymore seeing her pushing Lucas and enjoying putting his world upside down. She always pushes him away when she has him. And she always chases after him when he has moved on. Let the guy alone. And show some respect for the other people. The world doesn't move around you.

LP totally destroyed, ruined, tainted. I used to like them, now they are a joke, like the rest of things on this show anyway. They bring the worst out of each other. Mark wants to make them epic and loved by everyone, he is just making them ridicolous and hated by the most of people. Great job. Lucas asked Lindsey to marry him. No matter how that happened, he went so far to ask her to marry him. And considering how important marriage is to Lucas, this is something that will taint LP forever. Lucas is so sick and tired of Peyton and his games, that he has chosen to get engaged to another girl. This is a big thing and changes LP forever, in my opinion. Mark should just go down this road, put an end to LP and let Lucas be happy with Lindsey or even better alone.

Brooke as I said, she had a good storyline, till last episode. Now Victoria is too ridiculous. I hated the way Brooke was pro LP in this episode, the way she pushed Peyton to go get her man. She spent 4 seasons hurting on Peyton cheating/trying to steal Lucas from her. And just a couple of episodes ago she told Peyton they are not in high school anymore. The writers gotta be kidding. Do they remember what they wrote in the past seasons/episodes? I guess they don't. Sad for them that we do.

NH+Carry more and more ridicolous by the episode. In real life Carry would have already been fired with a kick in the ass.

Mouth/boss/Millicent I don't care at all about them

Mia she's getting on my nerves

Best lines of the episode
"Do you have like an alarm that goes off everytime I'm happy with someone else?" and "You've had your Lucas stealing face since I picked you up at the airport". Both so damn true.

Funniest:
after Lindsey yells at Lucas and leaves, Lucas exchanges a glance with Nathan. I felt like these 2 characters, that once used to have a storyline and used to be the centre of this show, were sharing their grief for what Mark is writing for them this season

the actors Chad's been great, really great, during all the season. He was amazing with facial expressions and his voice in this episode. In a couple of moments Lucas had tears in his eyes. Too bad he can't get some material outside of this LP nonsense. Such a waste of talent. Same for the rest of the cast. They are stuck with terrible storylines. I'm picturing them rolling their eyes every time they read a script.

I'm still watching this show only because of Chad. If it wasn't for him, I would have already quit. And I'm not the only one that is still watching this show just because of their favorite actors, which is really really sad in my opinion. Please CW, put an end to this agony