View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 04:04 PM
iamsher
Master Fan

Not into alpine skiing but I recently picked up snowboarding. I've only been out twice. The second time is SO much better than the first. I can't seem to get my edges right. I board goofy and sometimes when I'm going heelside my back foot tends to swing out and all of a sudden I'm riding fakie and I can't stop myself.

Practice. I hope to be able to pick up the sport again next season (early in the season). I'm looking for a board of my own. The first time I rented they gave me a 147. And, the waist was way too wide for me. I couldn't skate properly because my legs aren't that long and my toes kept stepping on the back of the board and tripping me. No wonder I was having so many issues with "getting it." The max I should be riding based on my height/weight is a 144 or 145. Yesterday the rental place gave me a 142 and I found it too short. However, it was SO much easier with a narrower waist. I could finally skate properly. Trial and error, I guess. I'm hoping to get my own board/boots/bindings for next season and really work on my edges and progression to linking turns properly.
iamsher is offline   Reply With Quote