View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

Paul I never said Lucas was being selfless in proposing and wanting to get married. but I can't see how people can say peyton was. I just said Peyton sure as hell was not being selfless, she was just going along with her desires.

I think the difference between the two was that Lucas was willing to give up on everything for her, to be with her. While she wasn't willing to give up on anything for him. That's where I think the difference between the two are. Peyton was the most important thing in Lucas life. Lucas was not the most important thing in Peyton's life.

you know, people keep saying peyton was the reasonable one and she was being the wiser. why? she was not ready. who are we to say Lucas wasn't either? he was ready to take a strong committment with her. the fact he left her doesn't mean he really wasn't ready to get married. it just means that he wanted something that she couldn't give him. that "someday" would have tainted their relationship, if they had stayed together. He deserved the chance to search for someone that felt like him, instead of just waiting for peyton to do her things and then accepting to marry him. He felt like she didn't love him enough and honestly I felt like that too. it's not about not wanting to marry him in that moment. it's about the way she rejected his proposal and the reasons she brought up. it's about the clear feeling I got, and Lucas got too, that he came second in her life.

I'd say let's agree to disagree I think we're looking at the situation from different point of views, like it happened to Lucas and Peyton. I think it's about what a person considers the most important thing in life and what a person needs to feel happy and complete. I am more like Lucas when it comes to this.