View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Paul1984
Elite Fan

I don't see anything selfless from Lucas either. Peyton wanted to marry him someday. She did love him enough, not wanting to get married doesn't mean she doesn't love him enough. I don't equate love and marriage as being the same thing.

Peyton was being the rationale one at 19. Lucas wanted to get married because he had NH in his face being the perfect family all the time and decided he wanted the same thing. He wanted it, so it became marriage or nothing.

If Peyton wasn't being selfess then neither was Lucas. One wanted the relationship on his terms, one wanted the relationship on her terms. That's an argument for them both being selfish. Not wanting to get married right then is not a sign Peyton didn't love enough, but it became no good for Lucas. They had a different take on where the relationship needed to go so it ended.

Their reactions seperately though when they were apart and torn apart inside showed how they both really felt about it though. All I'm saying is that if you say Peyton didn't love him enough because she wasn't ready to marry him, then the counter argument is that Lucas didn't love her enough to wait. Personally I don't think either is true. It was a situation that got bad, because the people involved weren't mature enough to deal with it. They clearly both love each other. Lucas couldn't say otherwise at the end of the episode and Peyton came back for him and hasn't moved on after another 2 years. You don't hold on like that if the feelings aren't there.