View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

Paul I don't agree with you. Peyton didn't sacrifice what they had so that he could achieve his dream. She sacrificed what they had so that she could achieve her dream.
after the proposal, Peyton talked a lot, but all I could see in her words was that she wasn't ready to get married and she wanted to achieve other things in her life. she tried to drag Lucas into it, but her speech wasn't working for Lucas, it wasn't what Lucas was feeling. I don't feel like she turned down his proposal for his sake. she turned down his proposal because she wanted something else in her life in that moment. I don't blame her, it's clear that Peyton is the kind of person that need to succeed as individual to be happy by herself and with the others. Lucas is another kind of person, the kind of person that finds their self fullfilment in love and family. that's how I felt things. peyton, with all of her speech, was just trying to convince him that she was right. but to me, she was right about herself, but not about Lucas. Lucas dream wasn't to publish his book, like she insisted when they were hugging on the bed. Lucas real dream was to be with her and have a family with her. I feel like Peyton was really just trying to convince him, and herself, that she was doing the best thing for both. But she wasn't. She was doing what she felt and was best for her. Lucas felt different and infact he realized that relationship, with a girl that put him in second place, wasn't what he wanted. saying "someday", peyton just went along with what she needed and wanted in that moment. And she sacrificed her relationship with Lucas, that in that moment of her life came second after her personal success as individual.

besides, about the whole proposal, I would like to point out that peyton didn't say "no", but she didn't say "yes" either. If it was just a matter of time, why didn't she say yes, and then she talked to him about the rest? sorry but I feel like since the first second, when we saw her with the box in her hands, she was already saying no, before even knowing that Lucas wanted to marry her soon. They were in different places in their heart. And neither is wrong, because we are made different. But all of her speech wasn't really about Lucas and doing the best thing for him. it was about herself and doing what she felt in that moment. Like leaving Tree Hill and leaving him alone was about herself. Thar was the worst year in Lucas' life and she went away not just for an internship (?) but for a lot longer. No way this could have worked for Lucas. He needed her, wanted her, was willing to give up on everything for her because she was the most important thing in his life. Peyton just didn't feel the same about him. Honestly I can't see anything selfless in what she did. It's not like she wanted to get married and didn't because that was the best thing for Lucas. no, it's that she didn't want to get married and she said no. She just followed her desires.

Last edited by Manu9; 01-30-2008 at 03:18 PM