View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Manu9
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1984 (View Post)
Peyton still wanted to be with him, he claims she's the love of his life, so why leave her?
because she loved him, but not enough to feel like what could have made her happier than anything was being with him. Something that instead Lucad felt for her

Quote:
I know some people have complaints with the episode being totally Lucas centric, but I felt like Lucas was hardly in the previous two episodes, so it wasn't really unwarranted. I really enjoyed him having so much screentime again. To me he's always the character that things centred around, the voice of the show who narrates the episodes at the start and end. Yes the episode was a heavy Lucas episode, but surely one every now and then isn't so bad.
word. I actually would like to have more episodes like this. Lucas is the centre of this show and this show just isn't the same when he doesn't have enough space.

now my review to the episode, which I posted also on the OTH board but it's long and I don't feel like writing another review

I loved it, it's in my top five of OTH episodes. it was awesome and I think it pretty much defined where these characters are, what's the most important thing for each of them.

Lucas this was Lucas' episode and I loved that. 5.03 and 5.04 had very little Lucas and were kinda boring. The episodes that focus on this character are the best, in my opinion. I don't agree with the most of people. I don't think Lucas was acting childish or being immature. and I definitely don't think that his reaction was about his pride or Peyton's reply not suiting him. It wasn't about that. It was about realizing that what he wanted, what he needed, what was the most important thing in his life wasn't the same for Peyton. It came out pretty clear from this episode that the most important thing for Lucas is love and family. I felt it's not the same for Peyton. At least, not in that moment of their life. Even though I can't blame Peyton for not being ready, I can't blame Lucas either for being ready instead. He was willing to give up on everything for her, to be with her, while all of her speech was about realizing careers dreams. I felt like there was an hole in between Lucas and Peyton after the proposal. When they layed on the bed and she told him their dreams would come true, his dream to publish his novel and her dream to succeed in the music business, I definitely felt like this girl has understood nothing about Lucas. Publish his novel wasn't Lucas' biggest dream. Being with her, marrying her, having a family with her, was Lucas' biggest dream. I also found stupid and mean her comment about "how can we talk about forever if you can't give us an year". Sorry, but she was being really naive. There are people all around, in real life, that love each other so much but can't survive distance. An year could really make the difference in their relationship. I've seen something like that first hand, just around me, in real life. I think neither of them can really be blamed for the break up, I just feel like they were in different places for their life and they were searching for different things. Peyton needed to succeed in the music business to feel like a whole, while for Lucas his self-fulfilment is in love and family. I think that made a hole between them. People are saying that his reaction was over the top and he should have stayed to talk and work things out. But there was no way to work things out, not in that moment. They wanted, needed, different things in their lives. The only possible solution was that one of the two had to let go of their dream. Peyton should have agreed to marry him or Lucas should have agreed to wait. In either case, their relationship, at that point of their life, wouldn't have been the same and the one that would have given up to their dream would have resented the other. I also would like to point out that they had seen each other 3 times (!!) in one year. And that was the year following Lucas losing Keith and finding out his dad had killed him. and in that year, he had seen his girlfriend 3 times. I'm sorry, but I can't really hold against him that he wanted her beside him.
I really felt for him during the proposal and after. Peyton kept giving him her reasons, but he was just going to cry because to him all of her speech just meant she didn't love him enough. Who wouldn't have felt like that? He told her he would give up on everything for her, because nothing mattered without her. But she didn't feel the same. As I said, I can't blame her for not being ready to marry him. But I can't blame him either for wanting to marry her and being happy with her over everything else. I don't think that leaving her like that was bad on Lucas' part. I think she expected it, they knew it would have been like that. The end of their relationship wasn't in Lucas leaving the room. It was when she told him she felt like that conversation was "gonna end with" and he finished for her saying "goodbye". that was the end of their story. They slept together, but they were already broken up at that point and they both knew it.

I felt for Lucas throughout the entire episode. He won the championship and Peyton was not there, he got the news his book was gonna be published and Peyton was not there. He reserved a restaurant for them and she arrived in late. He waited for her in the hotel room and she was in terrible late. How could he really react in a different way than he did after she rejected his proposal? All he could have seen in that day was that he came after all the rest in her life.

I'm probably too romantic, but I felt so strong the difference between Haley and Peyton. Haley would sacrifice anything for the guy she loves and she has also done it, because Nathan comes first than anything else. It's not the same for Peyton. We all are different from each other, but personally, I'm more like Haley and Lucas.

It's clear that Lucas loved and still loved Peyton more than anything else and even though he has feelings for Lindsey, Peyton is his "one". But I can't help but feeling like he deserves better than Peyton. He deserves someone that loves him and puts him first like he does with her. I can't root for LP because I really feel like I want someone different for Lucas. But there is no doubt in my mind that Lucas loves Peyton more than anything else.

Brooke&Lucas I'm loving them this season. This is so different from the BL we got in the past and it's so refreshing and beautiful to see. I loved Lucas called Brooke to celebrate the book and I loved the way she took care of him that night.

I find a deep sadness in the fact Brooke loved Lucas so much and would have given up everything for him and Lucas loved so much Peyton and would have given up everything for her and Peyton just felt different. I guess that's life, we can't help who we love. Sometimes we fall in love with persons that just can't love us back in the same way. Sad.

Lucas&Haley how awesome was the night convo? I really loved it. "You're part of this family and you always will be". one of the best LH scenes.

Lucas&Nathan N I just love them and they should get more screentime together. it's family so it's the best

Whitey I loved to see Whitey again. He has always brought so much to this show. I guess we're not gonna see much of him in the future and it makes me sad. I love the way he has always taken care of Lucas and Nathan.

last comment for the performances: Chad amazed me. Nobody can take an entire episode on his shoulders like he does. He was amazing throughout the entire episode. He made me feel for Lucas and tear up for him in every single moment. Loved also Sophia performance. Best scene of the episode was the BL scene where he tells her he is lost without Peyton and she told him how to go on with his life. That was an awesome scene, perfectly portrayed by the actors.