View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 02:58 AM
Raja
Passionate Fan

Episode was well acted and written as usual. And I liked that they did away with the voice-over prologue and epilogue. Not sure it would have fit well with the episode.

1) I see a potential parallel between Andy and Ephraim. Andy was so obsessed with what he wanted to do that he pushed everyone away. Ephraim seems at risk of doing that with Amy, Delia, and his father. Andy compliments Ephraim for being as obsessive as he used to be but perhaps needs to warn him of the pitfalls.

2) That new rec room has more than just a piano with a computer, couch, and other amenities. Might even become his new impregnation room.

3) What I found most curious wasnt Andy's reaction to the Madison pregnancy but Harold's. He expressed very little alarm that the boyfriend of his daughter (who even after the birth control pills thing he probably still holds out hope is still a virgin) had gotten a girl pregnant.

His main concern was that she might be upset and from the preview that it would damage their "love" for each other. I'd think that he would want his daughter to know what happened so that she'd be entering the relationship with her eyes wide open. And that he'd want her to know now to avoid having her hurt even more later.

I understand Andy's motivation. He doesnt want his son to have to deal with the responsibilities of teenage pregnancy and it will given him time to get his life in order. I can understand Harold not spilling the news immediately since Andy did come to him as a friend. What I don't understnad is Harold not urging Andy to come clean for the sakes of Amy who will be REALLY devastated if Dr Vegas gets cancelled and Madison comes back to town with a baby.

4) Seeing Scott Wolf makes me nervous. I expect him to start lecturing everyone about the "lessons" he learned at AA. And for his brother to come out and moan, "I've got cancer!" And a sister that appears and whine, "Waaaaa!! Everyone is neglecting me!"
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself