View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 05:06 AM
Whitney
Master Fan

Some of my favorites from the PILOT...

Karen: The President was well-known for his relationships with and to women. But I wouldn't call him a ladies' man. His charisma was of a different sort. It was less overt than the media would have you believe, and less calculated. Or so it seemed. He knew how to relate to women better than he knew how to relate to men. He listened. Really listened. It had something to do with his mother, no doubt. I had the pleasure of meeting her once. She was... quite the character.

I don't have the direct quote but I like when they're talking in Flashforward and they say they asked Bobby who had the greatest influence on his life and it wasn't his mother but it was his brother.

JACK: One day, I'll be gone. And he'll see things for what they are. And hate you for the lies you told.

this is my favorite quote of the night...

COURTNEY: I loved Jack, the way you love the first time. But Bobby...
Bobby was my life. (beat) He called me up out of the blue, it was... a while after Jack died. He said he had this crazy idea to run for Congress, wanted to know if I'd help out on his campaign. Stuff a few envelopes. It all happened so fast after that: Congress, the Governor's Mansion, the White House... us. (beat) They called him "The Great Believer." And it's true he had this ebullience, this lightness about him, even then. But he saw some dark hours during his Presidency. In those times, he would always say the same thing... "The wrong brother became President."

Whitney