View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 04:18 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lor-baby (View Post)
Nice idea Michelle
Hey Barbara!! Awe, so great to see you over here!

I was lurking on the Dawsons Creek, Dawson/Joey thread and saw you over there, thought about how much I missed talking to you and bam a couple days later my eyes light up because you show up here! I'm very happy to say the least!

Quote:
- Bright/Hannah: I wasn't a total shipper of them, but I did love their interaction in season 3 and towards the end of season4.
Me too. Whenever Bright cheated I was so annoyed but the way they handled the storyline after that was very well done. I really appreciated Bright's transformation, essentially having to lose it all in order to gain everything, and Hannah not backing down, finally gaining independence, going on a journey of her own until the very end whenever their ending strongly hinted they were eventually getting back together. Before then I always saw Bright as one step forward with Hannah two steps back. But whenever the turmoil in their relationship took place with Bright's cheating, it's like for them it made their relationship even stronger (which is a rarity in itself) since they both became better people as a result and seemed to be more than ready for each other at the end of the series.

Quote:
- Ephram/Laynie: I liked Laynie and I liked to see Amy jealous, but that's about it.
Totally how I feel as well. My guess is if these two would have continued on I probably would have started to dislike the pairing. I like the purpose this pairing served, it was perfect.

Quote:
- Nina/Jake: I wasn't rooting for them, but I came to accept them. Though I was pretty annoyed at the writers for wasting so much time on showing they weren't meant to be together, when they could've worked on the Andy/Nina reunion a little bit sooner and in a better way.
Thank you! Soooooo much time was wasted. The extensive time would have made sense had Nina/Jake gotten the happy ending but that was never where they were going. It was always going to be Andy/Nina so it was quite lame how much time they spent on Nina/Jake.

I think what happened here was the result of the CWs bogus decisionn not to take Everwood. My guess is they planned on delaying Andy/Nina since they thought season 5 was going to be all about Andy/Nina so they had time in season 4 to let us see them get together right at the very end of the season THEN we could SEE their romantic relationship front and center in season 5. Whenever it became apparent the show was ending after season 4, there wasn't enough time so they needed to do what they did, which sucks, but hey, at least the meant to be pairing happened in the end. Thank God. Unlike what transpired on Dawson's Creek.

Quote:
- Ephram/Stephanie and Amy/Reid: yawn

Quote:
- Andy/Amanda: Immoral.
Sometimes I wonder what the purpose of throwing together these two was, making all of us sick to our stomachs? Seriously, what was the point? Makes absolutely no sense. Unless they wanted us having issues with Andy way early on in the season so that once Madisongate exploded, we would dislike him all the more? Not that everyone did but maybe they just wanted to show him as very screwed up and "off" during this time period. I remember Treat Williams, himself, in an interview stated how much he even disliked Andy in season 3.

Quote:
Then call me hopeless romantic 'cause I see it the exact same way.
There are different kinds of love in this world.
We can love a moltitude of people, but we'll love each person in a unique and different way. Amy loved both Colin and Ephram, just in two very different way.
Precisely the case!

Quote:
Being in love and wanting to be in love with someone are 2 very different things. When you're young and wihtout experience it's easy to get yourself confused over your inner feelings, but once you discover that kind of love, there's no coming back. It shakes your world, it changes you deeply and permanently. That's what happened with Ephram and Amy.
I do think that Amy loved Colin in an innocent, childish kind of way, that at one point in time she thought he was the perfect match for her and they were meant to be or whatever, but once Ephram came into her life that belief was shaken and it wouldn't have been if she had been that in love with Colin.
Being Amy the stubborn and devoted person that she was/is, she couldn't allow herself to deal with the reality in front of her. With the change. It was too scary.. it would've destroyed her perfect fantasy and letting go of our childish dreams can be really hard to do at times. No matter how much better could be the reality in front of us. It's still scary.
Wow. You hit this square on. Way better than I could ever explain it. Seriously, *points to Barbara's words* that's exactly how I feel about it! Perfect summation. Honest to God those are my feelings right there, from what transpired between Amy/Colin whenever they were so young, to Amy's thoughts about it, what happened to her once she met Ephram and everything changed, how her stubborness kept her devotion and loyalty to Colin at full force but it didn't change what had transpired between her and Ephram. But Amy had to push it away, not allowing it to distract her since that would destroy the childhood fantasy and she had to go with her loyalty to Colin. Had to. It was way too scary for Amy to burst her bubble and deal with reality, much easier for Amy to remain in that "safe world" she created for herself. And like you said even if reality was way better than that very world she created for herself, it was still too difficult for Amy to face it during this time period. But once she did, boy did she ever finally become truly happy... with Ephram.

I even remember during that flashback scene before Colin and Bright get into the accident how miserable Amy was while her and Colin were fighting. That was teen angst at its finest. And even though they weren't always fighting in that manner, I DO think it's significant Berlanti showed them having an argument before Colin ultimately goes "to his death" IMO. I think it was Berlanti's way of demonstrating that Amy wasn't truly happy with the relationship, her "perfect image" of how their relationship should be was already starting to shatter in her mind, let alone the fact Berlanti wanted to show the massive, confident, "not meant to be" tag in big neon letters to his audience. I thought it spoke volumes.

Did I mention how glad I am to see you on the board, Barbara?

Last edited by jediwands; 12-19-2007 at 07:30 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote