View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Lor-baby
Total Fan

Nice idea Michelle

Liked:

- Ephram/Amy: I wanted them together sinche The Pilot.

- Andy/Nina: I wanted them together since The Pilot.

- Harold/Rose

- Edna/Irv

- Bright/Hannah: I wasn't a total shipper of them, but I did love their interaction in season 3 and towards the end of season4.

Indifferent:

- Ephram/Laynie: I liked Laynie and I liked to see Amy jealous, but that's about it.

- Nina/Jake: I wasn't rooting for them, but I came to accept them. Though I was pretty annoyed at the writers for wasting so much time on showing they weren't meant to be together, when they could've worked on the Andy/Nina reunion a little bit sooner and in a better way.

- Ephram/Stephanie and Amy/Reid: yawn

- Ephram/Madison: I never hated them, I could actually appreciate some aspects of their relationship, I just never felt about them the way I felt and feel for E/A. Their relationship felt too one-sided I guess.

- Colin/Amy: I didn't like Colin very much, especially towards the end, but I always felt for him given his medical situation and his childhood connection with Amy was beautiful on a certain level.

Disliked:

- Amy/Tommy: Given Amy's depression I could see why she dated him, but I always felt like their relatioship was majorly unhealthy.

- Andy/Amanda: Immoral.

Quote:
In my mind, how I saw it, which could be entirely off, of course, is that Amy was in love with wanting to be in love, so she assumed what she felt for Colin was romantic love. She loved the idea of love, assumed it was all totally in place in her perfect world... the beautiful, popular girl falling in love with the good looking popular jock boy that everyone adored. She thought it was all set up in her little bubble of a world, one that existed more in her mind than actual reality. And what Berlanti was trying to explain was that Amy thought she was living in reality, experiencing the realness of what true love felt like, but she was completely brought to her knees, shocked, jolted whenever she met Ephram because EPHRAM was reality, he was real, he was the real thing, what she was experiencing with Ephram was true love in every sense of the word.

I felt like Berlanti wanted to make this distinction and the reason why Amy was running from Ephram throughout most of season 1 is because he shook her out of her fantasy world of thinking she was meant to be with Colin. Ephram = realness, Amy knew it and it scared her, it turned her world way upside down before she felt entirely happy with it.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Maybe I'm a hopeless romantic but I truly believe you can't have true love for someone then fall in love with another in a true love kind of way as well at the same time, I don't think it works that way. I just feel like if you find true love with someone there isn't room in your heart for having a true love with anyone else as well at the same time. Not in a completely true kind of way. It could be the hopeless romantic in me but that's how I feel.
Then call me hopeless romantic 'cause I see it the exact same way.
There are different kinds of love in this world.
We can love a moltitude of people, but we'll love each person in a unique and different way. Amy loved both Colin and Ephram, just in two very different way.
Being in love and wanting to be in love with someone are 2 very different things. When you're young and wihtout experience it's easy to get yourself confused over your inner feelings, but once you discover that kind of love, there's no coming back. It shakes your world, it changes you deeply and permanently. That's what happened with Ephram and Amy.
I do think that Amy loved Colin in an innocent, childish kind of way, that at one point in time she thought he was the perfect match for her and they were meant to be or whatever, but once Ephram came into her life that belief was shaken and it wouldn't have been if she had been that in love with Colin.
Being Amy the stubborn and devoted person that she was/is, she couldn't allow herself to deal with the reality in front of her. With the change. It was too scary.. it would've destroyed her perfect fantasy and letting go of our childish dreams can be really hard to do at times. No matter how much better could be the reality in front of us. It's still scary.

Last edited by Lor-baby; 12-17-2007 at 07:09 AM
Lor-baby is offline   Reply With Quote