View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Not insane at all, Michelle . I really like that. I can definitely see it, how that played out. Especially since Ephram is realness. Wow, great thoughts! Honestly, never thought of it that way and I can totally see how it makes sense, and it totally does. It also adds a totally new dimension to Ephram/Amy that I never saw, which, wow, that's really awesome. I always thought of it as Ephram waiting for Amy kind of thing (not the best explanation for it). But him being shocked by this unique, small-town girl for much of season one, but then there's Amy's side too that I didn't see quite as much or as deep as that and, wow, that's really cool. Never ever thought of it that way, but I really really like that element Definitely adds to their wonderful history together.

I've always taken it that Amy really did love Colin. I don't really know why, really, now that I think about it. There's not one scene or anything. I think it's just the way the story played out for me. "Home", a lot of it, I really see that she loves him. The talk they have when they're at the baseball diamond, and the looks she gives him and just the sense of that day in "Home" that they have together. I think it's the one peak I get at what they really could have been. I don't think I'd feel the same way about them if "Home" didn't exist, though.

What did you think of "Home"? Hopefully this doesn't come off as bad or attacking your point of view because totally not meaning to, just wondering about a perspective from another point of view because I've never gotten a chance to before (before I came here, I honestly didn't know anyone that didn't like Colin or Colin/Amy and so it's really fascinating to see these different perspectives now and be able to look at the relationships and the show again through different eyes and see more varied perspectives than the one I was used to) and I really liked the point of view of Colin being this fantasy and Ephram being reality.

But, yeah, long-winded explanation aside (as always) I just don't know how much I would see it as probably my favourite, or tied with "Goodbye, Love", episode of the series if I didn't see that connection and I was sitting here trying to think of what the episode would look like without that element to it. Hopefully that makes some sense, but to me, there's that Andy/Ephram aspect, and then there's Colin's goodbye, and a big chunk of that is his special goodbye to Amy and her reaction to it, and, just curious what your sense of that goodbye to her was like and their aspect of the episode.

Okay, I'm totally paranoid that that comes off as me sounding like I'm disagreeing with your view, so just clarifying that I'm really curious more than anything and interested in this other perspective, because this is really fascinating to me, in a good way.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote