View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriuslyPotter (View Post)
I was watching some Seven recently in "Rememberance of the Daleks" and I like his Doctor, the only stuff I'd seen of him previously was the eight doctor movie where he didn't leave much of a impression.

But he cracked me up several times, and Ace is pretty awesome, I don't remember much else from the story, only that it had some creepy kid that DW has a ton of.
That serial is one of my favourites from the 7th Doctor era. It was the start of the "darker" 7th Doctor eps, where he was still a bit silly at times but also serious and dramatic. It was also the 7th Doctor's first "masterplan" story, which became a trademark of that Doctor. Unlike other Doctors who generally arrive in a situation by accident, or for some trivial reason that's soon forgotten, the 7th Doctor often clearly arrived on the scene as part of some greater plan that he wasn't telling Ace about.

And I loved the 7th Doctor/Ace dynamic set in that ep. Whenever I buy a classic Who audio play or book, I always go for the 7th/Ace stories first. Sadly, they only made two short seasons of the TV series with Seven/Ace together, but if you liked Remembrance, I also recommend Ghost Light and The Curse of Fenric (extended cut).