View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 09:06 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Great talk about how Everwood gets us emotional. I'm not exactly the same, I bawled over a few episodes of Buffy as a youngster, but Everwood has done...something to me. Berlanti has made me a wuss. Or more of a wuss, that's probably more accurate. But I don't mind it, I think it's really cool that I'm invested as much in a show like Everwood and that it's good enough to actually make me cry. That final episode, I think, almost gave me a nervous breakdown.

I've heard stories about the tough guys crying over this show before. There were at least two other Everwood posters where I used to post and we always ended up talking about what this show has done to us. I think it's pretty common. Everwooditis? Berlantiitis?

I found the show kind of on recommendation. The WB used to do repeats on the weekend (back when they actually cared about this little show) in the first season, and I tuned in for the Thanksgiving episode, I believe. And I was hooked pretty much from the start and then I ended up getting all the episodes and watching them as fast as I could. Everwood addiction. Maybe that's Everwooditis? I think I've got it bad, because I'm still obsessed with this little show a little over five years after it debuted, and over a year after it was taken away from our televisions. And it seems I'm not the only one.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood
'Tos is offline   Reply With Quote