View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Blondeambition3579
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli_J (View Post)
Not picking on anyone, but for those of you who like Jacob... can you explain it?

I'm just curious why some like him and others don't...

Why does everyone hate Jacob? Yes he's overbearing and sometimes, well most of the time, very aggressive but he is a great person and a great friend. He loves Bella even though her heart clearly belongs to another man? No, vampire- which is actually is his mortal enemy. So get this, the girl of his dreams is in love with not only his, but his family for generations, enemy. That's a lot of issues he has to dealt with, not to mention he just found out that he's a werewolf (you know all the wonder perks that come with that) and I think he is handling this quite well- don you think?.

But also you have to remember what he did for Bella. He's not like the wind and will stay by Bella- unlike Edward who left at the first sign of trouble (not the first sign but you caught my drift right?)- Jacob would never hurt Bella like that. And maybe that’s because Jacob is so young and thinks mostly with his heart while Edward (trying to let Bella live a normal human life and in turn tearing a huge "hole" in her) uses his head- which will keep her alive but not always happy- get it?

And I am not saying that Edward is bad- that is not what I am saying at all. I do not doubt Edward’s love for Bella. But Edward isn't perfect either; he is overprotective, imperious and prideful (and he also over analyzes). Jacob is young-he's only sixteen and his life just changed drastically- Edwards been around for almost 100 years- what's his excuse for acting stupid and hurting Bella like the way he did( even though I know he regrets it)?

All I trying to do is help you to look from all the characters point of view to really understand the book because if you did then you wouldn’t- "100 percent hate Jacob".
And without Jacob where would Bella be after Edward left her? She would be jumping off a cliff with no one to save her in the end.