View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Blondeambition3579
New Fan

Why does everyone hate Jacob? Yes he's overbearing and sometimes, well most of the time, very aggressive but he is a great person and a great friend. He loves Bella even though her heart clearly belongs to another man? No, vampire- which is actually is his mortal enemy. So get this, the girl of his dreams is in love with not only his, but his family for generations, enemy. That's a lot of issues he has to dealt with, not to mention he just found out that he's a werewolf (you know all the wonder perks that come with that) and I think he is handling this quite well- don you think?.

But also you have to remember what he did for Bella. He's not like the wind and will stay by Bella- unlike Edward who left at the first sign of trouble (not the first sign but you caught my drift right?)- Jacob would never hurt Bella like that. And maybe that’s because Jacob is so young and thinks mostly with his heart while Edward (trying to let Bella live a normal human life and in turn tearing a huge "hole" in her) uses his head- which will keep her alive but not always happy- get it?

And I am not saying that Edward is bad- that is not what I am saying at all. I do not doubt Edward’s love for Bella. But Edward isn't perfect either; he is overprotective, imperious and prideful (and he also over analyzes). Jacob is young-he's only sixteen and his life just changed drastically- Edwards been around for almost 100 years- what's his excuse for acting stupid and hurting Bella like the way he did( even though I know he regrets it)?

All I trying to do is help you to look from all the characters point of view to really understand the book because if you did then you wouldn’t- "100 percent hate Jacob".
And without Jacob where would Bella be after Edward left her? She would be jumping off a cliff with no one to save her in the end.