View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Spike it up
Elite Fan

Why oh why did they feel the need to turn the story about the house of El and Krypton into a soap opera? WHY?
Zor-El is all grabby and lusting after his brother's wife, and cloning her (Enough with the cloning. Seriously!). The wife is busy calling him delusional and leaving evidence of her visit in one of the easiest places where they could be discovered. And Jor-El is busy creating Brainiac. The hell AlMiles? Find a new story. Not everything has to be a cheesy love triangle!
Guh, I'm so disappointed that they wasted Helen Slater on crap like this.

Clark was all weird. In Bizarro's clothes.

Kara could not have been more obvious. She might as well tattooed "I'm an alien, capture me!" on her forehead. *le sigh*

I did like her last scene with Jimmy. But they are pushing that relationship too fast.

Chloe was basically a tool in this episode. They just used her to recite info everyone needed. And to discover Lana's foundation.
I did enjoy how she saw through Lana's lies right away.

Lana is still lying left and right, and I hope someone smacks her soon. Stop talking about your divorce settlement - you stole that money.

Lionel is back to playing a good guy. Shut up Lionel, with your holier-than-thou attitude. You have no right. Lex totally pwned him with the comment about how he learned how to treat women thanks to watching Lionel with Lillian.

Lex was pretty much the only likable character throughout the episode. He seemed concerned about Kara, he didn't get pissed when Clark barged in and accused him, he stood up for himself when Lionel started with his little speech.
Seriously Smallville, is this the best you can do - turning the "villain of the story" into the most sympathetic character?

And again - what the hell was up with Clark? First he's giving on this weird vibe. And then he ends up being a poor schmuck - telling Lana everything and showing her the crystal when some spooky music ends the episode. Just hope this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass later Clark, Lana isn't the most trustworthy person.

I know Zor-El looked like some cartoonish soap opera cliché, but if he'd be so kind and stop by at my place to erase my memory of this episode with that crystal with the "S" symbol I would be very grateful!

Last edited by Spike it up; 11-02-2007 at 04:33 PM Reason: ETA: because I remembered Lionel shot Agent Carter....
Spike it up is offline   Reply With Quote