View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 10:25 PM
gerky
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm....I thought the episode was pretty good , maybe 7 out of 10 quality. It was a great episode for the El family and Kara and the development of that storyline, but I thought it was just a tad bit on the boring side

I really loved the fact that JJ was right about Kara's father. Honestly, I had wanted him to be right but deep down, I had thought that Kara's story was right because they were family and all that bolognia. But this actually brought in a really intresting twist to the El family relationships especially about Clark's mom and Kara's dad. I'm really excited for Smallville to get more into the El family background. And also about Lara's DNA and the little science project that Kara's dad was working on . I thought that whole storyline in the episode was great .

I also LOVE Lana this season. She's just got all this mystery and dare I say, evilness to her now and I love it. I mean, sweet innocent Lana is great but badass Lana? So much cooler. I love how Kristen is playing her too especially if you look at her scene with Chloe. When she was talking to Chloe, she kind of had this eerie tone to her and it just made everything she is doing all spine-tingling. But the only downside to this is her relationship with Clark. Now the roles have been switched and Lana is the one with all the secrets and Lionel was right, she's not doing this to protect Clark anymore but to have revenge on Lex. I'm gettins a wee scared for when this might blow up in her face because we all know how Clark feels about her. I can't have Clark hurt !

I also really love the end scene with Lionel and Lex, possibly one of my favorite scenes of the night. I love Lex but Lionel saying 'there's nothing to be proud of' was just SO GOOD. Lionel is just awesome. I love the person he's turned out to be and his relationship with Clark. Lionel sort of just seeing people (Lana, Lex) for who the really are and then sort of putting them in their place a little is...just really good and I love watching those scenes. I think John Glover is just an amazing actor and the scenes that he is in are a lot of times my favorite for the episode. But all throughout the episode I was like, why does Lionel look so different? Did he shave his moustache? What? Then I was like, it's the hair....it's so pretty and combed. I like it !

The bad parts of the episode...hmmm *thinks*

There was definately not enough Chloe . Okay, okay not all the episodes have to have loads of Chloe but I love her so ...you know I'm going to take at least half a point away for too little Chloe-ness.

I wasn't too peachy keen about the Jimmy/Chloe -ness of the episode . I feel like after such anemotional breakup like that, things should be a little more awkward or just uncomfortable. But here we have Jimmy just jumping into Chloe and Clark's conversation when he hears Kara's name. I just want a little more emotion and not everyone moving on so fast. Dude, just two weeks ago Jimmy was showing Chloe a box of why they belong together and now it's like their relationship wasn't even that special. I get that they don't want to be on bad terms but...c'mon! Okay, we got a bitter Jimmy comment but other than that it was just sort of blah.

And that brings me to the second thing I'm not too big of a fan of -the Kara and Jimmy relationship. I'll admit I'm a little bias only because Chimmy is like my OTP but, there is a little more reason to it. Personally, I think their relationship is just really cliche. Like, hot girl is really foward with the dork and the dork obviously becomes really infatuated. I don't find a lot of substance to their relationship but who knows, we're only in the beginning. Allso, I love Kara a lot more when she is not around Jimmy. Kara with Jimmy just seems to be so perfect and again, not a lot of substance. I don't think Jimmy really knows her yet, he just sees a nice, hot girl right now but there's so much more to Kara than that. She has these insecurities about her identity and I love seeing that but when she's around Jimmy, I feel like we lose that. But again, we're only in the beginning so who knows?

Overall, the episode was okay. But I think this episode is great that it's sort of the seed to a really great storyline that's coming up (by that I mean El fam bam storyline). So this episode was sort of necessary for that but...it was still pretty entertaining so I can't complain .