View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Enigma
Moderator Support Team

Thanks Melis. Soundsd like an interesting project,

Here is another one her and her sis are signed on for now. I love this book!

Quote:
Fanning Girls Activate for 'Sister's Keeper'
Cameron Diaz will star with Dakota and Elle
October 25, 2007

New Line Cinema has programmed Dakota and Elle Fanning to star opposite Cameron Diaz in the studio's adaptation of Jodi Picoult's "My Sister's Keeper."

Tearjerker veteran Nick Cassavetes ("The Notebook") will direct from the script by Jeremy Leven.

Picoult's best-seller focused on a teenaged girl who sues to be emancipated from her parents, saying that she was basically conceived to provide organs to her cancer-stricken older sister.

Fans of the book will note that with Elle Fanning ("Babel") playing the younger sister and Dakota ("Taken") playing the eldest, the characters are now dramatically younger. According to Variety the change was made to keep the characters age-appropriate for Diaz, as their mother.

The trade paper is calling this the first on-screen pairing of the Fanning sisters (they didn't share scenes in "I Am Sam"), though it's unclear what happened to the drama "Hurricane Mary," on which they were supposed to team.

Upcoming credits for Dakota Fanning, last seen in "Charlotte's Web," include "Winged Creatures" and "Push."

Elle Fanning, now appearing in "Reservation Road," will be seen in "Benjamin Button," "Phoebe in Wonderland" and "Nutcracker: The Untold Story."
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote