View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Andie- (View Post)
To survive the time without Doctor being on our telly each week, we'll start a dvd club - discussing one episode per week. I hope you're all in Can't wait to read everyones thoughts on the episodes
Good idea, thanks Andie

I've known about Doctor Who for years. I've always been a sci-fi fan, and I saw a few eps as a kid, but I never really got into it because it wasn't on very often and only very late at night. It was harder to catch up on old TV series in those days too, before the age of the Internet and TV shows on DVD. I also have a friend who'd been trying to get me to watch the show, so when I heard about the new series I finally decided to give it a try.

I didn't see Rose the first time the CBC ran S1 of the new series, I think I actually caught bits of Bad Wolf/POTW first, then watched Rose the second time around. I knew the new series was on CBC, they had loads of advertising for it (far more than subsequent series, I guess because that was the year of the NHL lockout), but I didn't really manage to catch an ep until it was already most of the way through the first showing.

I liked Rose well enough, it was a good intro to the series and the characters. The story in the episode was pretty thin, didn't really stand out for me. It was the second episode, The End of the World, that really got me hooked, and that's when I started getting into the classic series as well.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote