View Single Post
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Everwoodian Kopite
Loyal Fan

How did you find Everwood? Talk about your experience...

I hope it's allright to make a new thread for this post, if not, move it where it's suited.

Everwood has been on one or another Norwegian telly channel since 2003, and I never bothered watching it, thinking it was just another sappy, boring, cliché-filled American drama. I remember I cringed whenever I saw the commercial where Ephram screams at his da.

However, flipping through channels one day a few weeks ago, I stubled across a scene where a young lad was struggelig to maintain his relationship with a "much" older girl, and I thought "this is an interesting storyline" and kept watching. A few minutes later this sad but stunning young girl appeared on the screen. Her talent and chemistry with the young boy mentioned earlier got me even more interested, so I went to my computer and started watching the show from the beginning. I spent a big part of my free time the next three weeks there.

I'm not the emotional type if you know what I mean. I'm 22 years old, I spend my weekends on the ale, I'm a footy fan(proper football, not the silly American version ), and on television I prefer to watch documentaries, Entourage and Prison Break. Still, after watching that final episode, I turned into something I would have called "a thirteen year old girl" a month ago. I actually went to my bedroom and cried. And I hadn't cried in about six years before that. (If my mates ever find out about this I'll never hear the end of it)

I'm not sure if it was happy-tears over Amy and Ephram, or sadness over the fact that I'll never watch a new episode of Everwood again. Anyways, if a television program can break my emotional shell like that, it says something.

I quickly started searching the web for more info, and I found out about the protests, the campaigns and the ferris wheel event. I even became sad about the fact that I didn't give the show a chance earlier, because who knows, maybe I could have done something to get it back on the air. I've been looking everywhere for just a pinch of hope that it will return some day.

Remember that it's been just about a week since I watched the final episode, and obviously, 16 months after it was cancelled I'm just plain stupid to think that it'll ever return, but the show has come to mean so much to me that it will take some time for me to completly accept this fact. I just haven't had the time to move on like most of the fans from the glory days.

Still, I know I'll always have the memories of this beautiful masterpiece, and I'm very happy to finally have found an active Everwood forum.

I hope this post made any sense at all, I just wanted to show my appreciation.

Cheers
Everwoodian Kopite is offline   Reply With Quote