View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 12:52 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie aka Sarah (View Post)
Raonaild: I learned about cricket as a little girl by watching cricket matches at City Park in Winnipeg with my grandparents and my great uncle. My grandfather and his brother were both cricket mad. My great uncle was some sort of cricket official... so we got to sit in the pavilion and eat cucumber sandwiches and drink lemonade during the match.
Not much cricket around here (although you do see the occassional game in the local parks), hockey is THE sport in this country.

I prefer curling myself. I'll be playing again in a few weeks when the season starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie aka Sarah (View Post)
That's interesting that you didn't find FIVE all that funny... because I found him hilarious.
It's not that I don't find him funny, it's that the scripts during his time were intentionally trying to not be funny. I think if Davison had had his way, the 5th Doctor would have been a bit more playful and less serious.

Despite the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of the 5th Doctor, I have to admit that some of the best Big Finish audio plays were written for that Doctor. One of my favourites is The Kingmaker - besides being a clever story, the 5th Doctor was also quite funny in that one.