View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
playgroundDiaries
Elite Fan

Quote:
Was that a good thing or a bad thing?
Well, it works with the stereotype that they were all 'fighting and sex', which I vehemently disagree with, naturally. Yes, there was lots of that, but there was even more luuuurve, as you might say. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Real couples fight and get on each other's nerves and make up and are sweet and are snarky. Sometimes they hurt each other but in the end there's always love.

Perfect couples are boring.
Dude, exactly. I like to think of it more as they cared about each other enough to have these fights. There was no apathy. They had business. They needed to grow, and looked to one another to do so. And personal growth isn't always easy. The writers didn't throw in needless arguing. Their conflicts illustrated things about the characters that had to be addressed.

Besides, they were cool as a cucumber together and spat-free for the majority of S4 (that 'middle portion' that's sometimes forgotten). Things were especially smooth as of the end of "Windstruck". The end of S3, beginning with the end of "Senior Poll", was also smooth sailing. <--- Yeah, that's always been my favorite smilie, next to .