View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie aka Sarah (View Post)
FIVE... Peter Davidson... was my first Doctor. Got to love a cricket playing Doctor!
Everything I know about cricket, I learned from Doctor Who and the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Five for me is a tough one. I like Peter Davison well enough, but the Fifth Doctor didn't really stand out for me. He wasn't as fun and eccentric as some of the other Doctors, celery notwithstanding - he was too sincere, too earnest.

The way I understand it, they purposely avoided humour with the Fifth Doctor as some kind of contrast to the previous Doctor, Tom Baker. Which is a shame, because Davison can be a funny guy. He cracks me up in some of his commentaries - in particular, I recommend the commentary for the Caves of Androzani, where he starts ranting about his dramatic sacrifice and regeneration scene being totally undermined by Peri's breasts hanging over his face.

I didn't really care much for the FIfth Doctor's companions either, though I've learned to appreciate them better through the audio plays.