View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 AM
-Denise-
Master Fan

Val, I'm so with you on that. It's my ultimate dream too.

Because of all this talk here I've started thinking so much. And all that in 2 hours And the conclusion is, the way I am now, my dreams will never come true. Like when I was searching for those au-pair thingies and work and travel programs for next summer, I was thinking but then I have to quit my job, cause they won't let me go for 2/3 months. I'm way too safe on those kind of things. So what I have to quit my job then? I will follow my dream this way.
And my ultimate dream is to live in the states. NY. But when I tell people I wanna live in NY, they tell me I'm crazy, it won't happen it's just a silly dream and that kind of stuff. And that makes me rethink it too and stuff. Do I wanna leave everything here all behind to live there? Well the answer is yes, but me being me, I'm thinking then what that'll do to other people. My family won't like to see me leave to the other side of the world and won't like the idea they won't see mee as much as they do now, but do I have to respect those feelings all the time and not live my dream because of that?
But I think when I'm 80 years old I still haven't lived in the states and look back at my life and feel like it wasn't complete and feel like I had to live my dreams more. Not play it on the safe side so much like I do now.
And it's not just with my living in the states thing. It's with more things. I play to way to much on the safe side. And I'm gonna change that now. I won't listen to much to other people anymore, what they think of me and my ideas. I'll do what I like and I wanna do and don't care what they say too much anymore. It prevents me from doing things I like because they say it's stupid for example. So I don't do it because I will look stupid you know. So what I look stupid? If I like it.
Just a very simple example: I wanted to see Evan Almighty in cinemas, but couldn't find anyone at first, so I wanted to go alone. 3 people told me that was stupid. Who goes to the cinema alone? And so I still didn't go. But who cares if I look stupid if I sit alone in a cinema, if that's what I want?
Yess I'm gonna change my life a bit more

Seriously I'm in a full ranting mood and I'm sorry for that. I just emailed my friend a huuugee rant about friends too I don't know what's gotten into me today. I just needed to express my feelings or so Sorry for that

Quote:
it's hard to find someone who'd like to visit the same country/city like you. either they're not interested or don't have enough money
SO TRUE! I still haven't found someone who wants to come with me.

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel