View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 07:03 AM
brucasalways
Master Fan

the concert was amazing!! OMG she was awesome. That had to be one of my favorite concerts and I've been to alot. It was so intimate just really very personal. She is so adorable and sweeet. And if i had to describe her in one word i'd say REAL. She is jus really very real.

She gets so into her songs and I love that. When she sang 'Nothing That You Are' you could feel the anger in her voice. She just let it out. She would even like stomp her foot numerous times. She got so angry that She even walked backstage for a moment (i got that piece on video by accident lol)

Also, when she sang Gardenia towards the end of the song you could tell she was starting to tear up. You could tell in her face and then she turned around and walked towards where the drums were set up and I'm pretty sure it was so we didn't see her probably wipe her tears away. (I got the whole song on video)

Then she also sang umbrella by Rhianna. I liked Mandy's version better. ( i got a small bit of that on video) andd she also sang this funny song along w/ her band it was soomething they made up I think i got some of that on video too. And her final song she sang was CANDY! she was like how it has no meaning and how she didn't know what the song meant when she was 15 and she still doesnt know what it means but she was like I'll sing it anyway. Then she was like but I'll never sing In my Pocket ( i got a small bit of candy as well on video) then she said her good bye and went off stage and then the like stage helper guy was starting to clean up and the whole crowd kept yelling Mandy! over and over again and she finally came out and she was like I don't usually do this, my voice is shot but we'll play one more song for you.

But yeah I'm happy that I decided to go to her concert. I respect her alot more now. Oh and also her mom and I think a couple of her friends were there too cause she would dedicate songs to them.

I took a tons of pics and some video that i'll upload later

Rachel Yamagata was pretty good too. I'm not really into her music but in between sings she was hilarious!