View Single Post
Old 09-01-2007, 02:59 AM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Be it as may, Romanadvoratrelundar -- Timelady, Four's travel companion through seasons 16 to 18, K9's mistress and later President of Gallifrey (anyone listening to the audiobooks?).
Yes, and I've started a Doctor Who audio thread. I just recently bought the whole Gallifrey series (Big Finish had a summer sale), and so far I've listed through the first series. I've also listened to the Doctor Who plays she's in - The Apocalypse Element, Neverland and Zagreus. And the audio version of Shada of course.

I loved Romana as a companion, a true equal to the Doctor. In some of the audio stuff though, even though you can't see her, I can practically hear her rolling her eyes, she's so sarcastic and condescending. I was never that impressed with the eye-rolly side of Romana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Let's start with discussion about her two incarnations (and the respective actresses, Ms. Ward and Ms. Tamm). Also speculation about future incarnations -- personally I'm still convinced that Lucy Saxon is Romana III, it's the hair.
Perhaps Lucy Saxon was Romana evil twin - the real Romana would never have put up with that behaviour from the Doctor, nevermind the Master. But I like to think that some day we'll see other Time Lords return to the universe, and first in line will be Romana.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote