View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 12:11 AM
SR2
New Fan

Wow it's been a while since i visted this thread. I love this movie; at first i really disliked how the writers changed the story but in the end i got over it. It's hollywood what can you do? Historical movies like this shouldn't be used to teach moviegoers but rather open them up to a world they hadn't known before.

Anyway i just made a good friend of mine watch this- she didn't want to watch the moive b/c she heard orlando bloom acted like a wimp- but she ended up loving it. A year or so before the movie came out, TNT ( i think) did a movie called Helen of Troy, i thought that was excellent; i remember in my HS latin class we spent a class period discussing the differences between the two movies. though we all agreed Helen movie was colser to the story, everyone generally liked Troy.

The best part of the movie was discovering all these actors i had never known about. After seeing Troy i was head over heals in love with Eric Bana and Sean Bean. This was the first movie that i saw were i was like 'wow Brad Pitt is really hot'. The other thing i liked about this movie was that it gave me a different view point of the story. Which made me like some characters more and some less.

I am glad to see they a going to release a directors cut, I hope this means we get commentory and more behind the scenes.
SR2 is offline   Reply With Quote