View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
victorialeigh
Loyal Fan

I was in the neighbourhood of Deepwoods today and on a whim, I thought I would take a look. Although it is in Scarberia (a nickname for Scarborough (Siberia) because of its location at the furthest eastern reaches of Toronto. The filming location however is right on the border of North York which is where I am from although I am from the west end. I drove down Deepwoods a couple of times.

The neighbourhood is a typical suburb, middle-class - the subdivision was built in the late 50's or early 60's. I know this not because I have the faintest idea about architecture but because my mother owns a similar house. The houses are mostly bungalows with well manicured lawns and lots of mature trees, not a forest. There is one "monster house" that is by the looks of things still under construction, but I doubt that is the filming location. ( Monster house definition - I don't know if everyone calls these types of houses the same thing elsewhere but what they are here is - someone buys an existing house, knocks it down and builds a new house that is twice as high and twice as wide on the existing property. These houses make all the other houses in the neighbourhood look tiny.) I don't know what house they were filming at but there are a couple of houses that looked like they were under renovations. The street is a crescent it has 2 entrances/exits onto Greenland, if they are filming I don't know if they would block access of both entrances, unless they were filming the whole street, and what if you either lived on the street or were visiting someone who lived there.