View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007, 08:14 AM
Ellevee
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
Well Ellevee, like I said if you want a pal to go and see Lauren with in any of these filmings, I'm willing to go and I do have a car.
Just what the doctor ordered...a partner in crime. I sooo will take you up on that. I'll share with the gas (the fuel type; not the disgusting one) and I'll bring snacks, too. Oooh looking forward to a great stakeout.

I wish they'd work weekends so I wouldn't worry about time constraints, but I guess FOG being an independently produced film, I would think there's no budget for this.

So now I did manage to venture into the Deepwood location last night. And let me tell you it's no joke about that street. It really is located deep in the woods. But before anyone jumps for joy and starts yay-yay-ing... I just got as far as the street leading to Deepwood (Greenland) I know, bummer! So I do the mapquest thing and instantly gets discouraged. (A) It's unchartered territory for me and (B) it's deep inside the inside streets. Kudos to the location manager. Too bad for me. But I was determined and curious. I know it'll bug me forever to not try and see the set once more especially since I got wind of the exact location (thanks to Jazz). The subway stop is much closer than the Snowcrest place. But the connecting bus ride takes forever. I must've annoyed the driver with my incessant "are we there yet?" Anyways, so I'm walking on Greenland, a very short walk from the bus route...soon as I saw a mean looking guard on Deepwood I knew right then this was a hopeless scenario. I liked the Snowcrest better bec it was so close to the main road you could see the buzz from the bus. Btw I don't really mean the guard was mean. I just say mean bec he's in the way of my chance at seeing Lauren. So, disappointed, I go past Deepwood but not before nonchalantly asking the guard, "What's going on here? Is there police stuff going on? (what a lame-o excuse! ) He smiles and says there's filming going on. Acting surprised, again nonchalantly I ask, "Oh, are they filming a commercial?" "No", he says, "it's a movie". At this point someone on the walkie-talkie calls for him. As soon as he responds to the call and turns his back I made a mad dash out of there. Sorry guys. I wish I could have more exciting report to tell you. It was a so-near-and-yet-so-far kind of thing.

The one good thing that came out of this, though, is I ventured out of my comfort zone. And how! I even surprised myself and quite proud of it. My cousin, on the other hand, was horrified. She knew I was doing this adventure thing alone for the first time. I couldn't grab any of my friends to share my insanity with, especially the one who was with me at Snowcrest. He's away on a business and pleasure trip (his timing sucks big time!). I was on the phone with my cousin the minute I stepped out of the subway station. I was like giving her a blow-by-blow account of what's happening, where I am... The things I'd do for Lauren. But then again, in hindsight, I've made more humiliating stuff in my life. Boy, I think I'm getting bolder and bolder. Let's see where this new-found boldness gets me once I get to see Lauren again and ask for that coveted picture with her. The bus ride was wonderful though. I got to go sightseeing. Again, an accidental tourist. It's a great sight, I find out...tree-lined streets. It must be gorgeous there in the fall. I'm def going back to take pictures of the fall colours.
Ellevee: Yeah...Well, thank you so much Lauren. You don't know how much this means to me.
Lauren: (Smiles and nods) Bye Ellevee. Take care. Ellevee: Bye Lauren
Avi by Ele